Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 07-14-2010, 04:10 PM   #1
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Thumbs up Surgery, more Pocket PRO, first shipment of EZ Reader PLUS

Dear all:

This will be my last post before my surgery. I will likely not post again until July 30. PLEASE... if you need anything... drop an email to: support@astak.com! Extra tech people will be monitoring!! It takes several of them to make up for what I try to do. (HA!)

The first shipment of EZ Reader PLUS 6 inch should be in later this week and will soon be posted for sale on www.astak.com and www.theEZreader.com/html. The price is not set yet... but will likely be around $219.

The 6 inch EZ Reader PLUS is simply the lightest, fastest, best screened, and fastest loading 6 inch device on the market! YES, you can pay less for other devices... and we understand that... but you cannot get a better 6 inch! WHY? It weighs 6.1 ounces! It has 16 level gray scale, the famous Epson Controller with 400MHz processor (I keep telling you... speed is ALL a function of the controller), USB2.0, 16GB SD card slot (8,000 eBooks plus your MP3), 64MB SD RAM, AND it comes with a quality crush-resistant case and ear buds included!!

Now, I wish to hell we could drop the price. We can't as we cannot sell at a loss like the competition. Suffice it to say... we are pricing at our cost!! YOU have to decide whether it is worth extra money to have the very best! This is one hell of a great device that should really please you. Is that worth the price? I think so. Why pay less for what really will not do the full job for you? IF it was me, I would buy what pleased me! I would also remember the case is likely worth at least $39-$49. The NOOK case, last I chacked, was $64 and no better quality. AND... you get that great Astak support and warranty and the great people of this forum!

PLEASE, keep checking the two websites above. The PLUS will be available soon!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:06 PM   #2
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Good luck, Robert! You'll be in my prayers!
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2010, 06:08 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Good luck, Robert! You'll be in my prayers!
Mine as well. We will be looking forward to your return.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:14 PM   #4
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
I'm so glad you posted! I was just thinking about you, wondering if you'd had your surgery yet. I see it will be soon. There are prayers going up for you here, too. Take the time you need to recover, and we look forward to seeing you around the forums when you're feeling better!
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:28 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Best of luck to you Robert.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2010, 09:19 PM   #6
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
good luck young man.
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:24 PM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
The 6 inch EZ Reader PLUS is simply the lightest, fastest, best screened, and fastest loading 6 inch device on the market!
I know Robert won't be responding, but does anyone who's been following this device know if it has some screen other than the same Viziplex screen everything else does?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:47 PM   #8
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Best wishes, Robert!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:57 AM   #9
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
Best wishes, Robert! And fast recovery!
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:55 AM   #10
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Good luck with the surgery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
... The NOOK case, last I chacked, was $64 ...
Maybe you should rechak before posting potentially misleading information about your competitors.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:01 AM   #11
Geppetto
Addict
Geppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600, Cybook, Hanvon N520, Sony PRS300, Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I know Robert won't be responding, but does anyone who's been following this device know if it has some screen other than the same Viziplex screen everything else does?
Most likely this new EZreader is simply the Hanlin V3+ from Jinke.
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:35 AM   #12
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Yes, with a 16 level grayscale. It is the Hanlin V3+ hence the name plus. It does not have the new Pearl display.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:16 AM   #13
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Best of luck, see you when you return.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:24 PM   #14
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Best of luck with the surgery, and thanks for the info on the Plus.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:18 AM   #15
soothsayer
soothsayer began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin, astak the 2010 version plz.
hi
i'm aiming to get one of the NEW units ezreader PLUS, are you guys offering any discounts for forum readers?

btw, your two websites should have posted some kind of press release or promo a long time ago indicating that the ezreader PLUS will be coming soon.

i was looking everywhere the past two months aiming to buy one of the new hanlin v3+ when after much searching---thanks to mobiread forums---i found the astak website and hints that one could buy the new v3+ units there. when i got to your website astak.com, i only found old info regarding the ezreader (v3) model and i was mistaken into believing that maybe you were actually selling the newer units but under outdated web info; essentially i was ready to buy one (of the older ones) thinking that maybe it was one of the newer ones, but in the end shying away because of the conflicting info.

thanks to mobiread, i find (freddy's) posts here and discover that astak.com is actually an international site, and the place one should buy from (in the usa) is actually theezreader.com

now i am really hesitant to buy anything from astak until astak updates its website info.

Last edited by soothsayer; 07-21-2010 at 02:26 AM.
soothsayer is offline   Reply With Quote