Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 06-18-2010, 03:31 PM   #1
diokdin
Groupie
diokdin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, Astak EZ Pocket Pro, Kindle 3 3G
Question Car Charger for Pocket Pro

Hi, Is there a car charger available for the Pocket Pro? I would love to know if someone has one or tried one that is compatible for the Pocket Pro. It will be a great thing to have if you're out traveling in remote places.

If not, maybe Astak should sell one compatible for the Pocket Pro. I would love to have one.
diokdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:53 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by diokdin View Post
Hi, Is there a car charger available for the Pocket Pro? I would love to know if someone has one or tried one that is compatible for the Pocket Pro. It will be a great thing to have if you're out traveling in remote places.

If not, maybe Astak should sell one compatible for the Pocket Pro. I would love to have one.
There is nothing "Astak PEz" special about the charger, Just USB 5VDC, .5 to 1 Amps

Belkin makes one that has the same specs as the Wall charger: Model F8Z445TT

Cheapo Caution: Automobile voltages can vary wildly when starting or shutting down. The charger needs to clamp (surge protect) excessive voltages instantly to prevent user device damage.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2010, 05:10 PM   #3
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
I use a 12v to 120v inverter that plugs in the 12v power point (looks like cigar lighter socket) to run my netbook from when using it in my truck. The better ones often have 5v USB output but more important, they are better regulated. Even if the inverter doesn't have the 5v, you could just plug in your regular charger. A friend of mine charged her phone that way once when we were on a road trip.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:32 PM   #4
diokdin
Groupie
diokdin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, Astak EZ Pocket Pro, Kindle 3 3G
theducks and Lady, thanks. I do have that cigar socket and you can just plug a usb there. So is that okay to use? I use the usb wire that came with my PPro and use that cigar socket thingie to connect/charge it?

Cool....Thank you
diokdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:04 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by diokdin View Post
theducks and Lady, thanks. I do have that cigar socket and you can just plug a usb there. So is that okay to use? I use the usb wire that came with my PPro and use that cigar socket thingie to connect/charge it?

Cool....Thank you
Yep

(basic) USB power is a "standard" : 5VDC limited to 500mA

While the stock charger will do more, the battery maximum charge is usually limited to c/10 (about 100mA) for best life .

Remember the 12 hour initial charge rule?
Batteries need about 125% of capacity for a full recharge (if dead)
100mA * 12 =1200 battery is 1000mA

Anyway, you should be just fine and can even read while charging.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2010, 02:10 AM   #6
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I have a nice small USB-socket-thingy that fits in the cigarette lighter socket. Something like this:

Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote