Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-13-2009, 11:13 PM   #1
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
Not My Cup of Tea - but Maybe Some of You..

I know I'm known more for my LCD devices and reviews, but Lencho Lee from WireLession contacted me today to show me some of his new e-ink devices. Not really my cup of tea but looking at a couple of them, they look to have some interesting features and form factor. Anyhow, I've got a couple items from them and they seem good for customer service.

http://www.wirelession.com/product.asp?cid=103

I myself can't wait till Xmas day. I know my wife has a netbook for me. That will be interesting. I'm going to load Kindle for PC and the B&N Reader and spend some money on books! For those of you who own a Kindle, have you tried the PC software at all?
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:11 AM   #2
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Yes - it's a lot like a feature stunted mobipocket reader, but more visual in picking your titles. The sync with the other Kindles is great and you can look at notes/highlights from your other units, but can't make any new ones or print anything (without using some other tool, such as a screen capture utility (of course in W7, a basic one is built-in, it appears) or the print-screen key (which then requires you to cut/paste and trim), which you can then print after pasting into some other program.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2009, 10:37 AM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSun View Post
I know I'm known more for my LCD devices and reviews, but Lencho Lee from WireLession contacted me today to show me some of his new e-ink devices. Not really my cup of tea but looking at a couple of them, they look to have some interesting features and form factor. Anyhow, I've got a couple items from them and they seem good for customer service.

http://www.wirelession.com/product.asp?cid=103

I myself can't wait till Xmas day. I know my wife has a netbook for me. That will be interesting. I'm going to load Kindle for PC and the B&N Reader and spend some money on books! For those of you who own a Kindle, have you tried the PC software at all?
The latter 2 devices are Oaxis readers by Gajah Int'l. Dale should be receiving one soon. I don't know where the first device came from, but I find it hilariously funny that it's such an obvious iTablet mockup.

Last edited by Nate the great; 12-14-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:40 AM   #4
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
The first one looks like my iPhone, but 6".

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 12-14-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:06 PM   #5
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
The latter 2 devices are Oaxis readers by Gajah Int'l. Dale should be receiving one soon. I don't know where the first device came from, but I find it hilariously funny that it's such an obvious iTablet mockup.
I thought the same thing when I saw it. It looks like many of these new chinese devices are going for that look. I like the last one, with the buttons on the left right where your thumb would be when holding the device. I hope that is the one Dale is getting, as I might have a family member interested in it.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert