Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 04-17-2008, 03:18 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Sweet spot settings for FeedBooks PDF on the PRS505

Hi All,

With FeedBooks goodness it falls short of supporting the PRS505. The default PDF it provides is really bad, fonts too large and too much border space. I often resorted to downloading mobi/epub formats then converting them to lrfs. The only problem is they lose their format(that being the big advantage of Feedbooks)
The feedbooks is waiting for Sony to support the epub (personally I think that is going to be a long wait)

So I decided to muck around with the custom settings to find the right font, font size and page size.

Here is what I got
Note the margins are a personal like but the real keeper here is the font size and the font family. I went through all the fonts to see which looked best on the Reader and determined helvectica

page size 122mmx90mm
Font size: 9px
Font space: 9px (can make it 10px)
Font Family: Helvetica
Margins
top 3mm
left: 1mm
right: 1mm
bottom: 1mm
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:24 PM   #2
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
(personally I think that is going to be a long wait)
I don't think so
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2008, 04:31 PM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Sony even falls short of supporting the 505, I downloaded some of the "100 free classics" and some are very awful. I don't think I will use up my allotment
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:52 PM   #4
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
I don't think so
For us impatient folk one day is too long

I'm sure you have more insight to SONY's epub support. Have you seen any proto types? I'd be interested to know if their support is closer to their LRF solution or their PDF

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote