Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #1
jswinden
Nameless Being

Paperwhite in Cover View

This has already been mentioned in a few threads: You can use Parental Controls to turn off store access which effectively does away with the bottom roll of suggested books on the Home page when in Cover View. For those who don't have a PW, here is what it looks like on an SO model.

Old 10-07-2012, 06:01 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Oooh cool!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2012, 06:28 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Do personal documents that are emailed show their covers?
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:32 PM   #4
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Do personal documents that are emailed show their covers?
Yes.
At least, the ones I sent did. All converted to Mobi.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:35 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by vxf View Post
Yes.
At least, the ones I sent did. All converted to Mobi.
Thanks that is one question that is very important to me. I only read Pdocs on my Kindles. I have dyslexia and I can't read a book for a long period of time unless I fix it up a bit like adding a black space after each paragraph, adding indents and justifying the text.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2012, 06:36 PM   #6
jswinden
Nameless Being

Collections have pseudo covers that are generic and bland though. But when you open a Collection the covers look great.

I personally still prefer List View sorted by Collections.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:58 PM   #7
morrow
Enthusiast
morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/PW/KV
I would still preferred the list view, for some reason the cover view didn't show any of my covers (they do have covers).

Good find though, I thought those suggestions can't be turn off.

Last edited by morrow; 10-07-2012 at 07:04 PM.
morrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #8
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Looks nice, thanks for sharing.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote