Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-18-2010, 02:21 PM   #1
frankw1
frankw1 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony e-reader
Autors name

Im facing some difficulties with my fathers Calibre program, he is not realy very computer minded so i think he dis some things waht messed things up.

In the column author, he manually changed every authors name book by book by book (3500 books and authors) in this way of displaying the author in the authors column for example:

Asimov, Isaac S.

when you now sort on authors name the program sorts alle the books with the last letter in this example the letter S. I cannot find any option to let calibre sort on the first letter of the authors name as it is displayes, in this example on A

How can i remove all the sortings settings of alle the books, and adjust that alle the books, should be sorted on the first letter of the author that is displayed in the Authors column.

p.s. Sorry for my english ( im Dutch)
frankw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:53 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I think you right click on authors and click on manage authors
Should be straightforward from there
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2010, 02:54 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
See these two threads:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=102846

and

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99131
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote