Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-06-2012, 03:27 AM   #16
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
I like the Goodreads site to help me make select my next book to lend from Amazon
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:31 AM   #17
drjenkins
Addict
drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
This monthe I'm reading The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch.
drjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #18
tstarky
Next mood swing...6 min
tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Fire, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjenkins View Post
This monthe I'm reading The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch.
Oh yeah, another book to add to my list!
tstarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:43 AM   #19
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
The A** Is A Poor Receptacle For The Head: Why Democrats Suck At Communication, And How They Could Improve by Barry Eisler was the first book I borrowed from the Lending Library since I have just finished the entire John Rain series by Barry Eisler (some audio books; some ebooks) - highly recommend:
Rain Fall
Hard Rain
Rain Storm
Killing Rain
The Last Assassin
Requiem for an Assassin
The Detachment
Fault Line -standalone
Inside Out -Fault Line sequel

My second Lending book is the first in the series of the Hunger Games.
Water for Elephants is a pretty good book - read it before I got the Kindle.

Last edited by Hope; 02-12-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #20
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Moneyball is my February freebie. I'm not much of a baseball fan, but I figured it might be an interesting read anyway. Last month I read Mercury Falls, which was a sort of Douglas Adamsy take on the the End of Days. Not bad, though it dragged a bit.

Last edited by weatherman; 02-13-2012 at 06:20 PM.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:07 PM   #21
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
Moneyball is my February freebie. I'm not much of a baseball fan, but I figured it might be an interesting read anyway. Last month I read Mercury Falls, which was a sort of Douglas Adamsy take on the the End of Days. Not bad, though it dragged a bit.
Kinda off topic, but Moneyball was a great movie and I hate baseball but loved the movie.

Last edited by Hope; 02-13-2012 at 07:48 PM.
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:00 AM   #22
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Its a new month.
What did YOU grab for March 2012?
Im still undecided what to pick
Feb for me was the Mockingjay (last Hunger Games book in the series)
Old 03-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #23
tstarky
Next mood swing...6 min
tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Fire, PW
March is the Mockingjay for me. I really like these "free" books.
tstarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:18 AM   #24
salsaguy
Addict

Yeah me too.
Sadly Mockingjay is the weakest of the 3 books.
But once you start the Hunger Games books you have to finish them off right?

Looking forward to the movie this month
Old 03-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #25
deannah
Connoisseur
deannah began at the beginning.

Device: KK, KT, KFire, KFire HD, KPaperwhite
I borrowed In The Blood for March. It's a genealogical crime mystery by Steve Robinson. It's had some good reviews and some so-so.
deannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:31 AM   #26
salsaguy
Addict

I opted for Water for Elephants and started reading it. So far so good.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #27
Dragle
Dragle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire orig + HD8.9, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
Yeah me too.
Sadly Mockingjay is the weakest of the 3 books.
But once you start the Hunger Games books you have to finish them off right?
I dunno... I read the first one for my January book and though I liked it, I didn't feel the urge to read the sequels (yet), based on what people have said.

This month I got Brainrush by Richard Bard.
Dragle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:52 PM   #28
bmbriefs
bmbriefs began at the beginning.

Device: none
Reading The Big Short.

Anybody have suggestions for browsing the lending library books? I followed a link that lists all of the books but I find it pretty hard to sort through the content.
bmbriefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:01 AM   #29
salsaguy
Addict

@Dragle - you're fine just reading the first Hunger games and stopping. No big deal with 2 and 3. Read them when you want down the road.
1st one is cool due to the action and pace. 2 and 3 are slower and not as exciting and dont hold you as tightly interested.
#1 I read in 2.5 days almost non-stop due to the page turning goodness.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:23 PM   #30
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Fire, K2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDaneel54 View Post
I got "Mugger" by Ed McBain.

I did this because I only got 6 of the 87th Precinct when the Special Offer had them all for $1.00 apiece.

Wish I had bought all of the ones available then, sigh. My mom always said, "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride." Whatever.
I borrowed my first book in Jan and it was one of Ed McBain's. I hadn't read him before and it was a good way to try them out. I forget which one it was but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm going to read more of those.
beej231 is offline   Reply With Quote