Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-24-2010, 09:37 AM   #1
coxan56
coxan56 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pc
Book Advice

Hi New to this forum and also new to Kindle. I only have it on my PC at the minute as wanted to find out if I would use it. It looks as if I will but browsing though up to now I havent found anything that rings a bell with me.

Can anyone recomend some titles, I like a Family Sage that carries on to other books like a serial.

Looking forward to staying with this site

Thanks Ann
coxan56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:02 AM   #2
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Sounds like you're looking for book recommendations? Do you prefer any genres?

I've been speeding through all the Robin Hobb series right now, which are fantasy. I started with the Assassin's Apprentice book (Farseer Trilogy), then moved to the Liveship Traders trilogy, then the Tawny Man trilogy. Next up is the Rain Wilds trilogy (two books currently published).
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:25 AM   #3
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Welcome. Always nice to meet from new members.
Here a couple of fun sites that might help you find something that suits your taste in reading.
http://www.literature-map.com/ At this site, enter the name of an author who you like and it will "map" the names authors who write in similar fashion.

http://fantasticfiction.co.uk This site can give you the complete list of works of any author and I particularly like the section at the end of each authors works that points you to authors they respect and recommend.

Cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:27 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
A family sage? Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by that.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:59 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
A family sage? Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by that.
I think he meant 'family saga'
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:09 PM   #6
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Coxan. You'll soon find your way around ebook sources ... and it'll change your world for the better. There are worse places to start than right here at MobileRead's own free library of classics and other public domain work -- all beautifully prepared by generous and hard-working MR members. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:54 PM   #7
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Neil neglected to say that his own publishing house, BeWrite, has a three book series (that surely seems like a family saga to me) written by Jenny Telfer Chaplin. They are available in multiple formats, including Mobi for Kindle. All have the word "Candleriggs" in the title.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 05:51 PM   #8
Shayne Parkinson
Author
Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
Hello and welcome, Ann! Maybe mine might suit you :-) The first one is free.
Shayne Parkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:35 AM   #9
coxan56
coxan56 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pc
Hi Thanks to all for the advice, Sorry Harry T about my spelling mistake will take more care next time I post. I will look around as advised and will come back for further advice if needed.

Saga stories are usually about families and carry on from 1 book to another telling all about their lives. thanks again will now look through this forum as there seems lots of interest in Ebooks as I said new to this so lots to learn

Ann
coxan56 is offline   Reply With Quote