Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 10-13-2010, 08:40 AM   #1
jjoensuu
jjoensuu began at the beginning.

Device: None
Martview seems to be a nice looking app...

Today I stumbled upon a seemingly free e-book reader called Martview (at martview.com).

Judging solely from their webpages, their application seems quite nice (as in nice looking, that is...as I have not tested it yet) and offers tons of books for free download.

The strange thing about it is that the books have been uploaded by other Martview users. And thus you have books like "OReilly Programming Visual Basic 2008", "Physics For Dummies", "The Grand Design" (by Stephen Hawking), etc available for free download...

So what I am wondering about is how the makers of this application are staying in business and how long will this business last considering the upload of this sort of copyrighted material:-P

Or maybe my thinking is wrong here. Does anyone here us Martview and what are your experiences with it?

(In case you were wondering: Martview only does pdf and the proprietary mart format, so not very universal)

Last edited by jjoensuu; 10-13-2010 at 08:55 AM.
jjoensuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:43 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
It looks like it is an image reader like CBR/CBZ files. They are probably waiting for take down notices to police the web site rather than doing it themselves. Hoping to stay under the radar I think. I have no idea how they plan to make money.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2010, 11:43 AM   #3
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
its good pdf viewer. in fact first "free" flip-page viewer. I am good with it, what bothers me is: it takes time to render each page after turn. the blurred image keeps fo rabout 0.25 sec, so u cant fast-flip throught the pages like real book.

(sry for the lingo.)
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote