Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-05-2010, 02:12 PM   #1
joycedb
Guru
joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Cover pic

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but how can I put a different cover pic when I'm announcing a new book in a new thread? I have two books out and I want each to have its own thread so I would like each to have the corresponding picture. Any suggestions?

Joyce
Rubies and Other Gems - the Novel
joycedb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:31 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Hi, Joyce.

I see you have 2 separate threads for your books. 1 each Rubies and Other Gems - the Novel, Women's fic with time travel twist [EXCERPT ONLY] and SERENDIPITY HOUSE women's fiction/romance/mystery.

Are you asking how to put a cover pic in the main body of your first posts and / or how to put in a thumbnail pic in a permanent signature?

You can create a permanent signature by using your user CP.
  • Click on "user CP" - upper left on the blue bar.
  • Scroll down until you see "Edit Signature" - click on it
  • An "Edit Signature" box opens and you can type in what you want, even add in your links to both books.
  • Click preview to see what it looks like before saving.
  • You can even ask a mod to help.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2010, 06:54 PM   #3
joycedb
Guru
joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Dreams,

Yes, I do have a separate thread for each book. I thought that's what the sticky said to do. As for the cover pic I was hoping I could put the cover of the new book in that thread and the cover pic for the other in its thread. I guess that's not possible. But I will look into your suggestion for the signature line. Thank you.

Joyce
Serendipity House
Old 08-08-2010, 03:12 AM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Joyce.

Yes, you can put your cover pics in your posts by doing an edit and uploading the pic.

I've sent you a PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:21 AM   #5
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I wonder, are you asking if you can change your avatar picture to relate to reflect the book covers ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2010, 01:45 PM   #6
joycedb
Guru

Yes, yes, Geoff, that's exactly what I was hoping to do. Is that even possible? If not, I'll have to be content with one as my avatar and the both in my signature line. I have to find Dreams' pm first. Thanks.

Joyce
Old 08-08-2010, 01:57 PM   #7
joycedb
Guru

Okay, I followed the advice in Dreams' pm and the preview looked fine. So let's see if it comes through in an actual post.

Joyce

Edit. No, it didn't.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:11 PM   #8
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Hi, Joyce. I received your PM. Just PM me when you have your computer back, and we will get your pics in.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:53 PM   #9
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joycedb View Post
Yes, yes, Geoff, that's exactly what I was hoping to do. Is that even possible? If not, I'll have to be content with one as my avatar and the both in my signature line. I have to find Dreams' pm first. Thanks.

Joyce

Nice idea - but no it won't work - don't forget some of us change avatars like others change their socks .... frequently .... and each change only lasts until the next change, affecting all the past, present and future changes simultaneously !!!!!
Old 08-08-2010, 05:35 PM   #10
joycedb
Guru

Darn, I didn't think that was possible. I guess I'll just have to find a picture of some gorgeous woman to use as my avatar and put my book pics in my signature line. Thanks for trying anyway.

Joyce
Old 08-09-2010, 06:42 AM   #11
GeoffC

Download the pictures into your album (small), then link those into your signature line using the "insert image" option.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:48 AM   #12
joycedb
Guru

Thanks, Geoff. But everything will have to wait for now. I'm taking my computer in to be repaired this afternoon and I don't know how long before I get it back. What'll I do without it?

Joyce
Old 08-09-2010, 10:47 AM   #13
GeoffC

Oh Joyce ... how dreadful ... !

Don't forget to try out the latest gadgets, paper pad and pencil.....
Old 08-12-2010, 02:21 PM   #14
joycedb
Guru

Very funny, Geoff. That might not work for promoting my books though.

Joyce DeBacco
Serendipity House
Old 08-19-2010, 11:31 AM   #15
GeoffC

Joyce have you seen Starrigger's Av ?

the one on his posts ..... it's an animated gif

That's not how you wanted yours, but may be a compromise ?