Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-23-2009, 10:24 PM   #1
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Set defaults for conversion problem

I went to Set defaults for conversion - Chapter Detection - and selected the box Add chapters to table of contents

I hit okay, then turned of Calibre and restarted it again. In the preferences it shows the box check marked but when I go to convert a story it's not check marked anymore.

Also, for the one file I converted I got two chapter 1's, two chapter 2s and so on...I'm not sure if that's related to this or not?

EDIT: I did a test and for some reason anything tagged <H2>Chapter </H2> has a double entry in the TOC. The other story that does not have traditional Chapter headers but instead uses Days is displaying correctly.

Last edited by Amalthia; 04-23-2009 at 11:10 PM.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:49 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Changing the defaults does not affect the setting for files you've previously converted. Only the settings for new conversions. The idea being that when you convert a file, the settings you used for that file are saved and override the default.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2009, 02:12 AM   #3
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Changing the defaults does not affect the setting for files you've previously converted. Only the settings for new conversions. The idea being that when you convert a file, the settings you used for that file are saved and override the default.
ah, I think I see. So basically this doesn't affect why I'm getting two chapter posts per chapter on the table of contents...

thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote