Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
EdJonesBGJ
EdJonesBGJ began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Itunes Library & iPad / iBooks

I have downloaded three books from B&N… two newly published and one older... I have many books from B&N and never had this problem before this last week... (NOTE: I can read them in the NOOK APP (not going thru iTunes) on the iPad but I'd rather have them in iBooks with the rest of my library...)

The problem occurs when I load the books into my iTunes iPad Book library for syncing/reading in iBooks…

The two newly published books load with grayed out boxes (not picking up book cover art) the older book published some time ago loads into iTunes just fine…

When I click on the gray box "it says I can't read it on this computer but should be able to read it on the mobile device"... NOT TRUE...

I even moved iTunes and the converted ePub to another computer and tried to import in to library… same problem occurred…

Has something changed in ePub or iTunes that make them no longer compatible…?

Is something wrong with iTunes I don't know about...???
What should I try next…?
Thanks in advance…
Ed
EdJonesBGJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
If you've read B&N ePub's in iBooks in the past they must have been DRM free books because iBooks doesn't support B&N/Adobe DRM. I'd guess the books you're having problems with are DRM'd.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJonesBGJ View Post
I have downloaded three books from B&N… two newly published and one older... I have many books from B&N and never had this problem before this last week... (NOTE: I can read them in the NOOK APP (not going thru iTunes) on the iPad but I'd rather have them in iBooks with the rest of my library...)

The problem occurs when I load the books into my iTunes iPad Book library for syncing/reading in iBooks…

The two newly published books load with grayed out boxes (not picking up book cover art) the older book published some time ago loads into iTunes just fine…

When I click on the gray box "it says I can't read it on this computer but should be able to read it on the mobile device"... NOT TRUE...

I even moved iTunes and the converted ePub to another computer and tried to import in to library… same problem occurred…

Has something changed in ePub or iTunes that make them no longer compatible…?

Is something wrong with iTunes I don't know about...???
What should I try next…?
Thanks in advance…
Ed

It sounds like a DRM problem to me. Not sure what 'has changed' - but the solution is to download Calibre (free software) then search for Apprentice Alf (a blog that explains how to use Calibre to solve your problems).
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote