Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #1
initx
Enthusiast
initx began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Nokia Lumia 800
M92 PDF scribbles

Hi All. I can't find the previous comments about exporting scribbles. If I export them, I can SEE the result on my desktop PC in an Acrobat Reader, but I cannot PRINT them. I remember, the exported scribbles are on a separate layer, which are not handled correctly by Acrobat Reader.

So my question is, with what application can I merge or print the exported scribbles? How can I flatten the PDF document?
initx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
FMP
Enthusiast
FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by initx View Post
with what application can I merge or print the exported scribbles?
I could do it with GIMP, and remember somebody writing that they could do it with xournal.

Last edited by FMP; 03-18-2012 at 01:14 PM.
FMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2012, 04:52 PM   #3
initx
Enthusiast
initx began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Nokia Lumia 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMP View Post
I could do it with GIMP, and remember somebody writing that they could do it with xournal.
Okay, but what if I have scribbled a 300 pages long document?
initx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #4
FMP
Enthusiast
FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
It is an issue I don't know how to deal with. I would appreciate learning of a proper solution.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:05 AM   #5
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Quote:
Xournal works regardless of the number of pages. Just open the merged file in Xournal, and print it. If you want to print it on another machine, just print it to file first - this "flattens" the layered pdf and I expect after that printing should work with any pdf reader. I haven't tested this myself, though.
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2012, 08:37 AM   #6
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by janek View Post
Xournal works regardless of the number of pages. Just open the merged file in Xournal, and print it. If you want to print it on another machine, just print it to file first - this "flattens" the layered pdf and I expect after that printing should work with any pdf reader. I haven't tested this myself, though.
*g* Being the 'someone' mentioned, I can confirm that.

initx: check out the wiki (you'll also find this issue in the wishlist )

update: actually, shame on me, I didn't link it... I've added it to the Tweaks now, though :P

Last edited by kodomo; 03-23-2012 at 08:49 AM.
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:10 PM   #7
FMP
Enthusiast

janek, kodomo: Are you using Xournal in linux?

It did not work for me in Windows, and I have yet to install it in ubuntu.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:28 AM   #8
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
janek, kodomo: Are you using Xournal in linux?

It did not work for me in Windows, and I have yet to install it in ubuntu.
Yes... I didn't find a cost-free windows application (see discussion around my post linked to the software list for what I tried).

If you prefer to run Windows, maybe Cygwin will do the trick for you...

Cheers.

P.S.: Interesting... I wasn't even aware of native Windows binaries... FMP: Did I get you correctly, that these did not work? If so, could you quickly report whether it works with Cygwin?

Last edited by kodomo; 03-25-2012 at 04:17 AM.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:09 AM   #9
FMP
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodomo View Post
P.S.: Interesting... I wasn't even aware of native Windows binaries... FMP: Did I get you correctly, that these did not work?
Yes.

Quote:
If so, could you quickly report whether it works with Cygwin?
I typically use linux and so won't be going in that direction. I only tried the Windows xournal first because it was immediate to install, while to install it in ubuntu I still need to find time to gather missing libraries, etc.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:31 AM   #10
kodomo
M92 info archivist

Quote:
Yes.

I typically use linux and so won't be going in that direction. I only tried the Windows xournal first because it was immediate to install, while to install it in ubuntu I still need to find time to gather missing libraries, etc.
Huh?
(sudo) apt-get install xournal
(finished ;P )

Does anyone else care to try xournal/cygwin? It might be interesting to know for other Windows users...

Cheers.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:54 AM   #11
FMP
Enthusiast

Quote:
Huh?
(sudo) apt-get install xournal
(finished ;P )
Thanks a lot! (I thought I had no option but to install everything manually.)
Old 04-08-2012, 04:50 AM   #12
abbacchioascotta
abbacchioascotta began at the beginning.

Device: m 92 onyx boox
help! after erasing the last zip update, thinking I didn't need it anymore, the pen doesn't work anymore!!! I tried to install it again but nothing. I'm very depressed...
abbacchioascotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:18 AM   #13
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Removing zip file with firmware should not have any effect on M92 functionality. The file is used only when you upgrade firmware and than may be deleted. The problem is caused by something else....

In which way the pen does not work? Not working at all or writing at writing at wrong possition? Try to callibrate the pen.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #14
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbacchioascotta View Post
help! after erasing the last zip update, thinking I didn't need it anymore, the pen doesn't work anymore!!! I tried to install it again but nothing. I'm very depressed...
Hi,
deleting of firmware ZIP file does not affect stylus functionality. I would even suggest to delete old firmware ZIP file to free the storage.
Try to reset your device.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #15
picco
picco began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question

Quote:
*g* Being the 'someone' mentioned, I can confirm that.

initx: check out the wiki (you'll also find this issue in the wishlist )

update: actually, shame on me, I didn't link it... I've added it to the Tweaks now, though :P
Do you mean that I can see the M92 scribbles in xournal, even without installing the modified scribble app by peterx mentioned here?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170271

If so, does it hold for other (smaller) Onyx models?
picco is offline   Reply With Quote