Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-05-2011, 09:25 PM   #61
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I'm curious those who are having this issue was it before and after the 6.2 update I was reading on another forum. A person had a similar issue and their charger light no longer worked after the 6.2 update.
No, mine had 6.2 already.

As a matter of fact, new Fires ask you for the upgrade before you start using it.

Last edited by jocampo; 12-05-2011 at 09:28 PM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:31 PM   #62
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope View Post
Mine was AFTER the 6.2 update.
Hey, I'm in Murphy, NC, we're practically neighbors.
I am waaay north of you. I live in the Tricities area. Hubby is from NC so we lived there a couple of times and it is considered home.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2011, 09:32 PM   #63
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Just noticed something that fits here. A few times when I plugged my Fire in to the charger recently the light (green or red) neither came on.... I unplug it and plug it back in and then it comes on.....

Sounds like a loose connection. I haven't had that happen to mine.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:33 PM   #64
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
No, mine had 6.2 already.

As a matter of fact, new Fires ask you for the upgrade before you start using it.
Well my theory was maybe the update was the cause on some units but one person said it happen before 6.2 so that can't be it.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:41 PM   #65
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Sounds like a loose connection. I haven't had that happen to mine.
Not really. Someone above (in in another thread) mentioned the same thing. I'm wondering if it might be a software issue......if others notice this behavior please chime in.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2011, 02:02 PM   #66
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Just noticed something that fits here. A few times when I plugged my Fire in to the charger recently the light (green or red) neither came on.... I unplug it and plug it back in and then it comes on.....
Here's something I've noticed. When I have used the changer on the KF, the device automatically powers up when I plug it in. I didn't hit the start button so I don't really know how to charge it so far without the KF starting. Maybe this is what is suppose to happen?
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:08 PM   #67
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
Here's something I've noticed. When I have used the changer on the KF, the device automatically powers up when I plug it in. I didn't hit the start button so I don't really know how to charge it so far without the KF starting. Maybe this is what is suppose to happen?
I just charge it in Sleep mode.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:51 PM   #68
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
7 days for me

Quote:
I hope it works out for you better. I love mine. It's going on it's 3rd day without a charge.
I get 7 days for the battery in my Kindle Fire and 30 days for the battery in my 3rd generation Kindle Keyboard.

I alternat reading between them. However, most of my use of the Kindle Fire is RADIO using the TuneIn App.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #69
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I get 7 days for the battery in my Kindle Fire and 30 days for the battery in my 3rd generation Kindle Keyboard.

I alternat reading between them. However, most of my use of the Kindle Fire is RADIO using the TuneIn App.
I love that app!
Old 12-10-2011, 09:16 PM   #70
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Unhappy

Another one bites the dust...I was doing some web surfing a little over an hour ago, and stopped to watch a television program. At that time the battery level for my Fire read 89%. Upon attempting to start it again now, there is no response at all, and plugging the charger in produces no light at all, orange, green, or otherwise. I'm hoping this is a temporary glitch, and I'll be contacting Amazon on Monday if things don't resolve themselves, but not a very joyful feeling right now since this is the first time in several days I've had enough down time to play/explore with it very much.

P.S. WiFi was off, and no apps that I could tell were running.
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:19 PM   #71
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman Jr. View Post
Another one bites the dust...I was doing some web surfing a little over an hour ago, and stopped to watch a television program. At that time the battery level for my Fire read 89%. Upon attempting to start it again now, there is no response at all, and plugging the charger in produces no light at all, orange, green, or otherwise. I'm hoping this is a temporary glitch, and I'll be contacting Amazon on Monday if things don't resolve themselves, but not a very joyful feeling right now since this is the first time in several days I've had enough down time to play/explore with it very much.

P.S. WiFi was off, and no apps that I could tell were running.
Where did you buy yours? What 3rd party app do you have installed?

Try plugging it into the PC. See if that does anything.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:26 PM   #72
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Quote:
Where did you buy yours? What 3rd party app do you have installed?

Try plugging it into the PC. See if that does anything.
Bought it directly from Amazon. No third-party apps (i.e., all from Amazon App Store). I'll try the PC connection after leaving it on the charger while I grab a bite. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:11 PM   #73
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Bought it directly from Amazon. No third-party apps (i.e., all from Amazon App Store). I'll try the PC connection after leaving it on the charger while I grab a bite. Thanks for the suggestion.
Did you try a hard reset? Hold the power button for 20 seconds or more.

If none of that works give Amazon a call.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:37 PM   #74
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious

Quote:
Okay, finally got it up and running. It was on the charger for approx. 15 minutes with no change. I tried a hard reset (30) seconds with it both unplugged and plugged in - still no joy. I waited a bit longer and tried the hard reset again; this time the Fire started cycling on, but the charge light didn't come on (the battery reading stated 90%), even after making sure the plug was securely inserted. The light finally came on (green) about five minutes later. Hope this was the extent of my first-adopter snafus...
Old 12-10-2011, 10:39 PM   #75
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Okay, finally got it up and running. It was on the charger for approx. 15 minutes with no change. I tried a hard reset (30) seconds with it both unplugged and plugged in - still no joy. I waited a bit longer and tried the hard reset again; this time the Fire started cycling on, but the charge light didn't come on (the battery reading stated 90%), even after making sure the plug was securely inserted. The light finally came on (green) about five minutes later. Hope this was the extent of my first-adopter snafus...
I would do a factory reset in case something is corrupted.