Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-02-2011, 05:12 PM   #1
obsalys
obsalys began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook opus
Web pages

Hello.
I have an opus i bought last year, I'm usually satisfied with it, it's quite an useful device to have in my bag. I got used to it, I generally read in epub, and have no problems with ebooks I buy.
But the problem is, I like to read web pages on my ebook, only text (fics, or non professional novels) wich I paste on a Work file and convert to html or ebook. I did that before bying the cybook with an 5 years old mobile phone (sony ericson), without any problems.
When I try that with my opus, it has freezing problems with some of this files, while others works perfectly (for example, it freeze with page web from livejournal everytime, but has no problems with Fanfictionnet). I can only press reset.
I know the opus is probably not made for this kind of use, but it's frustrating that a 200 dollar machin made especially for reading cannot support web files, while an old (and now dead, sadly) mobile phone can. I kind of gave up being able to read livejournal files, but i found recently this forums and decided to ask. What do you think is the problem ? Is there a way to be able to read that kind of files ?
obsalys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:05 AM   #2
eti.mar
eti.mar juggles neatly with hedgehogs.eti.mar juggles neatly with hedgehogs.eti.mar juggles neatly with hedgehogs.eti.mar juggles neatly with hedgehogs.eti.mar juggles neatly with hedgehogs.eti.mar juggles neatly with hedgehogs.eti.mar juggles neatly with hedgehogs.eti.mar juggles neatly with hedgehogs.eti.mar juggles neatly with hedgehogs.eti.mar juggles neatly with hedgehogs.eti.mar juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Cybook Opus
Hi, obsalys

The HTML rendering in the Cybook Opus is very poor, as you may have noticed: no CSS, no image, no table, etc.
If you want to read on your Opus a file captured from the web, maybe you did better use the TEXT format: you will loose all formatting (titles, bold, italic, ...), but at least your Opus should not freeze...
eti.mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2011, 09:56 AM   #3
bob123
Addict
bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Cybook
You might do better to convert the webpages to an epub file. This can be done from this website: http://dotepub.com/
bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote