Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-11-2011, 11:54 AM   #1
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
Kobo Touch - Author Sort Bug

Found out a bug in the library when using the Author sort. I use calibre to send my books to the kobo, using the metadata plugboard so I am able to have the title changed to include the series and number of the book. But when sorting by Author, every book for the same author should be sorted by name (just like the original kobo). But it seems to have a mind of it's own.

I also tried different naming format, for example instead of "Series [01] - Title" I tried "Series - 01 - Title", which did not change anything. Also please note that I did this for both the title and title_sort field. Also tried to delete and send the book back into it.

Also when doing a search for an author the screen that comes up is sorted properly (probably because they are sorted by name in that screen).

I have also tried to just copy the books manually and the same thing happens, so everything points to a Kobo bug.

Nigol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:26 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Tim Legge was just sent his Touch. He is the fellow that creates the Kobo-calibre interface. Kovid did a quick fix so it would connect, but Tim will have to sort out the rest. He's generally pretty quick to do this, but rumour has it his life sometimes gets in the way . If it is a Kobo problem rather than a how Calibre works with KT, Tim will most likely be the one working with Kobo on it.

Last edited by taming; 06-12-2011 at 11:07 AM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 05:45 PM   #3
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
Bug is fixed in 1.9.4
Nigol is offline   Reply With Quote