Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 01-22-2012, 01:48 PM   #151
DeadMan
Enthusiast
DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Aura One
PER3072b v3.04 Firmware

Flashed and updated fine.

Looks like new flashing software is included in the package - at least I haven't seen it before. It didn't require an install. The old RK28 Device Manager software worked fine, so I used the old over the new.

There are a lot of extra files included in the package as well. Boot flash BIN files. The new flashing software will allow you to select one of these, but I have no idea what they do, so didn't play with it anymore than selecting one to see what the software did.

Version string in the System info is updated to 3.04.
No settings had to be reset, it retained all my prefs as I had them set.

Since I really only ever use ePub on it, thats all I have tried and everything looks the same as usual. One problem that looks like is fixed is when you exit a book, and come back to it, it doesn't back-up a page anymore, and does start on the page I left on.

Looked at the new manual (under User Manual) in the Settings. (It's a PDF) Not sure if the Selection Zoom function was included before, with the two little cross-hairs.

Everything else seems as usual.
DeadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:42 PM   #152
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
My sister has a nextbook 7" multi media Android and she tells me that the colors on the devices are all wrong, has anybody had that broblem? I was thinking of making her do a factory reset on the devices, how do we do that?
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2012, 04:11 PM   #153
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by estelle58 View Post
My sister has a nextbook 7" multi media Android and she tells me that the colors on the devices are all wrong, has anybody had that broblem? I was thinking of making her do a factory reset on the devices, how do we do that?
If the Nextbook is the Next1 and looks like pictures attached to post #12 in this thread, then you can use the firmwares linked to in this thread.

Otherwise, it may just finish off your ailing unit...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #154
cipicric
cipicric began at the beginning.

Device: Prestigio Per3172
Questions

Hello!
I would like to buy the brother of the next1, the prestigio per3072 but i am a little concerned about the readability of the screen in outdoors conditions. Is it that bad because of the glossy finish on the screen?
From the pictures posted here i can see that the dpi of the screen is quite small, is this true or is it only an effect of the pictures?
And about the battery life, how much can you read on a single charge?
Thank you in advance!
cipicric is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
next1, nextbook, per3072b, prestigio