Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-12-2010, 09:46 PM   #1
Williamlk
Guru
Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Pay It Forward!

Recommend a book (Not your own, please) by an indie author you have read recently.

Then let's just keep paying it forward.

My recommendation goes out to D. Nathan Hillard for his short story Shades: Death In White Satin

It was a good scare right before bedtime a few nights back! Well done Nate!

Last edited by Williamlk; 10-22-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Williamlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:13 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
For me......easy.

"The Tree of Life" by Elita Daniels. Absorbing.

Link for site and buying options......

http://treeoflifethebook.com/

Last edited by desertgrandma; 10-14-2010 at 10:16 AM. Reason: addendum
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2010, 10:42 PM   #3
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Since DGma took one of mine, LOL... Loose Ends by Terri Reid. She lives just down the road from me, in Freeport, and the book is set there, too. Light funny paranormal (ghosts) mystery.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:53 PM   #4
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
"Sleight Malice" by Vicki Tyley

LINKY
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:51 PM   #5
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I just finished "Powerless: The Shadowing" by Jason Letts (review on my blog) and I really enjoyed it. Fun series!

Last edited by GraceKrispy; 10-14-2010 at 12:08 AM. Reason: appeasing the hapless snake :D
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2010, 08:38 PM   #6
Williamlk
Guru
Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Another indie author worth checking out is David Dalglish.
I would recommend The Weight Of Blood

http://www.amazon.com/Weight-Blood-D.../dp/1450574483

Last edited by Williamlk; 10-13-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:22 PM   #7
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Linkies would be very helpful and pay it forward even further.

Please! I am not very successful at finding books.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:51 PM   #8
Williamlk
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Linkies would be very helpful and pay it forward even further.

Please! I am not very successful at finding books.

Yep, that is a good idea!
I just edited my last post and tossed a link up there.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:16 AM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Have edited mine also......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 04:37 PM   #10
Williamlk
Guru

Unhappy

Gee, I thought there would be more fans of Indie authors out there.
This thread kinda died
Old 10-22-2010, 06:48 PM   #11
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamlk View Post
Gee, I thought there would be more fans of Indie authors out there.
This thread kinda died
Nice bump!
Old 10-22-2010, 11:06 PM   #12
Williamlk
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Nice bump!
THANK YOU! As I bump it again... LOL
Old 10-23-2010, 03:41 AM   #13
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I really liked 65 Below by Basil Sands
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:09 AM   #14
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Some others I really liked:

"Crack-up" Eric Christopherson

"Making Dylan Maxwell" by Moxie Mezcal

"Soul View" by Jeff Inlo

"Graves" (short story) by Justin Cawthorne

"Radium Halos" by Shelley Stout

"The Kinshield Legacy" by K. C. May

"The Flaming Dove" by Daniel Arenson

"Remix" by Lexi Revellian

(Are you happier now? )

I'm a big fan of Indie Authors, especially when said authors have edited their books very carefully.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:27 AM   #15
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
Some others I really liked:

"Crack-up" Eric Christopherson

"Making Dylan Maxwell" by Moxie Mezcal

"Soul View" by Jeff Inlo

"Graves" (short story) by Justin Cawthorne

"Radium Halos" by Shelley Stout

"The Kinshield Legacy" by K. C. May

"The Flaming Dove" by Daniel Arenson

"Remix" by Lexi Revellian

(Are you happier now? )

I'm a big fan of Indie Authors, especially when said authors have edited their books very carefully.
Geeze you are good. You could have kept this thread going for days if you did it one at at time. But I guess you have read so many, you will have another batch to post soon.

Keep up the good work, and your reviews are great!

Tags
compliments, indie authors, kindle books, recommendations