Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-29-2012, 08:40 AM   #211
Ayla7
Connoisseur
Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD
I've found another small [possible] bug similar to the previous one I've reported:

When I change the font size using the pinch-to-zoom option (this is, using the touch screen), then following I clic the right of the screen to go to the next page it sometimes goes to the previous page instead. I've been doing some tests, but unfortunately I don't know when this happens. Most of the times, but not always. The buttons always work ok.

It's not a critical issue, but if it could be corrected it would be nice (if nobody else can replicate these issues tell me, maybe I have to reinstall the firmware).
Ayla7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:47 AM   #212
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayla7 View Post
However, right now Spanish is not one of the available languages for the keyboard, and very frequently used characters like á, é, í, ó, ú, or ñ cannot be selected, so I cannot search some words in the dictionary.
You could try the Czech keyboard meanwhile. It has all Spanish characters, you mention, except for ñ. We have ň instead of your ñ.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:04 PM   #213
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Hi guys!

First update in the new year is available

Here is the updated PDF Reader with new Page Setting functionality
We have abandoned the "Two Point Margins" tool and added two new visual margins setting tools instead:
- Universal Manual Settings - to setup all pages of a PDF document
- Odd / Even Manual Settings - to setup odd and even pages differently.
I hope you will like it.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/pd...f%20reader.rar

As usual unzip it and copy those two files from archive to the internal memory of your device. In your device click on update.oar and the last update for PDFReader will be installed.
You can use it without rebooting.
Please note that this particular tool in the new PDF Reader is still beta!
Your feedback is welcome
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #214
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
I recon it's another multiplatform update and can be applied to the Firefly too, right?
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #215
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Please Booxtor: Could you hang the current firmware Firefly?
Tangling with OTFM I partially corrupted OS, and had to use the rescue firmware.
But this firmware is not 100% functional and it would have had when you sent me.

Thanks in advance and best regards.
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #216
stadja
stadja doesn't litterstadja doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi guys!
I hope you will like it.
THE NEW UNIVERSAL MANUAL SETTINGS ARE AWESOOOOOOOOOOOME !
Way better than the two points!
work like a charm...
I love it!
stadja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:13 AM   #217
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Quote:
Hi guys!

(...)
Thanks.
I wonder if will be updated CoolReader and FBreader too...
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:06 AM   #218
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolo View Post
Thanks.
I wonder if will be updated CoolReader and FBreader too...
Indeed, it is high time for your turn to CoolReader and FBReader.

Greetings and Happy 2013
Old 01-07-2013, 05:41 AM   #219
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
I once bought a Pocketbook 302 which was promised to get a major firmware upgrade soon, meanwhile running on a version meant for another reader. The upgrade never came and the company abandoned the device altogether without ever issuing the necessary and often announced firmware.
Please Booxtor, confirm this will not happen to the Firefly. And if possible give us a timeframe.
Booxtor
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:58 AM   #220
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraylocus View Post
Indeed, it is high time for your turn to CoolReader and FBReader.

Greetings and Happy 2013
Yes, it's time ...
I use more CoolReader and FBReader than PDFReader. I prefer Coolreader for epub tan PDFReder and I read more epub than PDF (some FB2 and MOBI too).
So (FOR ME) is much more important CoolReader and FBReader. I sypposse it's because I use my Boox to read novels and not to technical books.

I understand than Onyx would prefer PDFReader because other applications that read PDF in other ereaders are quite worse (a colleage has an Kindle Touch and reading PDF in Kindle is awful, worse than in my Onyx Boox i62HD).
Old 01-07-2013, 06:34 AM   #221
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
My gripe with Coolreader is that dictionary lookup doesn't always work as it should. It's a pity since the reader supports pictures which Fbreader can't see in my epubs.
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:37 AM   #222
fraylocus
Groupie

The CoolReader has two major bugs:

- It begins "tied" to file hyphenation: "Russian_EnUS_hyphen_ (Alan). Pdb
And therefore, any open book in another language does not show a correct formated.
Moreover, there is no way to choose. Pdb for the preferred language of reading.

- Unable to switch to the external sources located in the folder "fonts" in the internal memory or SD.
Which changes only added to the system. And you are limited in number.

The FBReder not handle too well. Mobi.
There is a new beta of this reader for Linux and would be nice to update the current oldest.
At least, it should be able to read the mobi implement the CoolReder which supports and is much more potent than the current version of FBReader, opening larger files smoothly in this format.

regards
Old 01-07-2013, 08:28 AM   #223
Manolo
Addict

@yayo: Yes, Coolreader sometimes doesn´t work too well with dictionaries, for instance when the word has a comma at the end

@fraylocus: I agree with you
FBreader development for Linux was stalled for two years since release 0.12.10 in 2010 and only was updated for Android. But in 2012 was updated, last release is 0.99.4 from November (I0m not sure if works OK, as I don't use it in my computer only in ereader)
Old 01-07-2013, 09:17 AM   #224
fraylocus
Groupie

About the PDFReader, I value the successive improvements are adding Tán when used for pdf documents.
Per when associated with epub, things change.
You can increase the contrast.
And formfeed pressing the touch screen in the case of i62HD & Firefly not work.

Users only literature, we did not use Onyx products for study and reading of scientific papers, also deserve some support.
Besides that, statistically, are the majority.

A greeting.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:20 PM   #225
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
Quote:
Hi guys!

We have abandoned the "Two Point Margins" tool and added two new visual margins setting tools instead:
- Odd / Even Manual Settings - to setup odd and even pages differently.
I hope you will like it.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/pd...f%20reader.rar

As usual unzip it and copy those two files from archive to the internal memory of your device. In your device click on update.oar and the last update for PDFReader will be installed.
You can use it without rebooting.
Please note that this particular tool in the new PDF Reader is still beta!
Your feedback is welcome
this update looks great! thank you booxtor
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote