Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-12-2012, 10:16 PM   #1
hanschinaman
hanschinaman began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Is it possible to modify the startup screen of M92?

I know that the shutdown image is

/usr/share/gui_shell/images/shutdown.png

But I wonder where's the startup image.

Last edited by hanschinaman; 03-12-2012 at 10:20 PM.
hanschinaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:24 AM   #2
medvedev
Connoisseur
medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.

I don't have the M92 right here so I can't look it up, but I can remember that you can set every image you want as startup image.
While are viewing an image with M92 just go to the menu and somewhere you can find an "set as startup image" icon.
medvedev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:13 AM   #3
hanschinaman
hanschinaman began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by medvedev View Post
I don't have the M92 right here so I can't look it up, but I can remember that you can set every image you want as startup image.
While are viewing an image with M92 just go to the menu and somewhere you can find an "set as startup image" icon.
Thanks a lot, got that.
hanschinaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:25 AM   #4
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
With the tool from here: http://translate.google.de/translate...1618d8&act=url
you can also replace standard screen saver pictures in \usr\share\system_manager\images

Here you can pick some ready to use images from my collection http://www.flickr.com/photos/booxtor
New screen_saver images must be renamed to screen_saver0.png, screen_saver1.png, screen_saver2.png, ..., screen_saver9.png. (no more than 10 images at once). May be it works with more than 10 pictures, but I did not figure out how.

Last edited by Booxtor; 03-14-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:52 AM   #5
Clark G. Flipper
Connoisseur
Clark G. Flipper began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by medvedev View Post
That's really nice. Except that it turned my new startup image upside down. Is this a bug or a feature?
Clark G. Flipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:12 PM   #6
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark G. Flipper View Post
That's really nice. Except that it turned my new startup image upside down. Is this a bug or a feature?
Try to use a BMP image for your booting screen..
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:12 AM   #7
Clark G. Flipper
Connoisseur
Clark G. Flipper began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Try to use a BMP image for your booting screen..
Same result. As a matter of fact, a bmp image was my first attempt, then I switched to png.
Anyway, now I rotated the image before setting it as startup screen, and lo it's coming up right! So, if this is a bug I hope they don't fix it.
Clark G. Flipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:47 AM   #8
Luke_l
Luke_l began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Here you can pick some ready to use images from my collection http://www.flickr.com/photos/booxtor
New screen_saver images must be renamed to screen_saver0.png, screen_saver1.png, screen_saver2.png, ..., screen_saver9.png. (no more than 10 images at once). May be it works with more than 10 pictures, but I did not figure out how.
Works with i62HD?
To which folder I have to copy the files screen_saver0.png, screen_saver1.png, screen_saver2.png, ..., screen_saver9.png?
Luke_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:19 AM   #9
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
I do not know if it works for i62HD, I guess yes.

The folder is "\usr\share\system_manager\images". You must use file manager other than one of Onyx or in PC. I use OTFM.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=184789

And there might be more than 10 pictures for screensaver. Just go on screen_saver10.png, screen_saver11.png, etc. I have about 20+ of them.

PS.
It is also possible to copy pictures to firmware zip file (on PC) and then make firmware update. In that case you wil not need OTFM file manager.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:14 AM   #10
Gagarin Gambit
Gagarin Gambit began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
I do not know if it works for i62HD, I guess yes.
It does work. But note that booxtor's stream is meant for M92, for i62HD you need 758x1024.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
It is also possible to copy pictures to firmware zip file (on PC) and then make firmware update. In that case you wil not need OTFM file manager.
How do you manage to do that? The firmware is password protected, I can not modify the contents...

BTW, I've changed the main screen so that instead of a regular map I see the surrealist world map.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ReadingTheWorld.png
Views:	724
Size:	264.6 KB
ID:	96745  
Gagarin Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:51 AM   #11
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

I tried only once. It takes long time, or at least it took in my case.... I prefere using OTFM file manager.

The zip is password protected, so that you are not allowed to extract files. But you are allowed to add and replace files. And maybe even delete files. Booxtor himself pointed out this possibility to modify firmware before instalation, long time ago.

EDIT. I like the surrealist map. To me it expresses, we should focus on the ocean, it is the main feature of the Earth, not the land.

Last edited by Mono; 11-24-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:22 PM   #12
Luke_l
Luke_l began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD
I went the other way...
I wrote a script that changes randomly shutdown screen.
Details on the forum eksiazki.org.
Luke_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:00 PM   #13
Mono
Mono

Looks cool, I'll try.