Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-09-2012, 11:26 PM   #1
engt
engt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Batch transfer books from Kindle to Calibre

My hard drive crashed, and I lost my Calibre library along with everything else. However, the books are still on my Kindle. Is there any way to do a batch transfer of books from Kindle to the Calibre library, or does it have to be done one by one? Any help would be appreciated.

I'm running Calibre on a MacBook Air w/OS X 10.7.2

Thanks.

engt
engt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:44 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The following should work:

- Plug the Kindle in to your PC/mac with Calibre running.
- When the Kindle has been recognised by Calibre switch to the Calibre device view to see the books on the Kindle
- Highlight the books to be copied. You can multi-select books using standard techniques for multi-select. Click on the first and then hold down Shift while clicking on the last to select a range. Alternatively hold down CTRL and click on individual books to select them
- Right-click to bring up the context menu and select the Copy to Library option.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:21 AM   #3
kevinmacdonald
kevinmacdonald began at the beginning.

hi,
The same thing just happened to me. Ive re-added the books to my Mac again, but its not coped the series over. Is there any way to do this without having to sit down for hours sorting through almost 1000 books?
Thanks in advance
kevinmacdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:40 PM   #4
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
maybe do a bulk metadat download with only series checked in the configure metadata window.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinmacdonald View Post
hi,
The same thing just happened to me. Ive re-added the books to my Mac again, but its not coped the series over. Is there any way to do this without having to sit down for hours sorting through almost 1000 books?
Thanks in advance
do a test on a few books that should have series metadata:
In the Metadata editor: select the format on the right, then click the blue i

Did you get the series?
Did anything else get hosed
If that was good:
1) Save
2) select a group (I would do batches of 100 or less): Start the Bulk Metadata editor: This only has the option for Set Cover from format
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:23 AM   #6
Garviel Loken
Garviel Loken began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
The following should work:

- Plug the Kindle in to your PC/mac with Calibre running.
- When the Kindle has been recognised by Calibre switch to the Calibre device view to see the books on the Kindle
- Highlight the books to be copied. You can multi-select books using standard techniques for multi-select. Click on the first and then hold down Shift while clicking on the last to select a range. Alternatively hold down CTRL and click on individual books to select them
- Right-click to bring up the context menu and select the Copy to Library option.

Thanks!!!
Garviel Loken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 12:52 PM   #7
OldLincoln
Zealot
OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: FBReader
Just the way I load Kindle books into Calibre. I have Kindle For PC installed and books automatically show up when purchased. I then open the shortcut I have for "My Kindle Content" highlight the books I want and drag them over to Calibre.

It used to take forever to open K4PC until out of frustration I deleted all the files in "My Kindle Content". It now opens quickly and all books are still in the cloud. Now new books are the only one in the folder which I have sorted by type, so I simple drag them over.

I don't know that there is a limit to the number of books you can add at a time but I've added all I wanted up to about 40 without a problem.
OldLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:54 AM   #8
pjmpjm
Zealot
pjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Fire HD 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
It used to take forever to open K4PC until out of frustration I deleted all the files in "My Kindle Content". It now opens quickly and all books are still in the cloud. Now new books are the only one in the folder which I have sorted by type, so I simple drag them over.
You just saved me a lot of time! Many thanks, OldLincoln.
pjmpjm is offline   Reply With Quote