Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-19-2011, 03:48 AM   #1
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
KT is a pretty good device..

Last year, I had bought a Kobo Wireless and was not impressed. I decided to return it and was also unhappy with the CS I experienced. I had put forth the opinion that Kobo was not ready to play with the "big boys".

I purchased a Kobo Touch today at Borders..I will have a long commute with my new job and was looking for something small, not too expensive, reliable and with wi-fi. Didn't want to risk my K3 or my Nook Color.Despite my experience last year, I decided to try the KT.

I think Kobo has done it right this time. The ereader works nicely, has an attractive form factor and is reasonably priced. I got mine in black- the only quibble I have is that it picks up fingerprints, but if you use it with a cover, problem solved. I'm also getting a kick out of the Reading Awards- they remind me of Girl Scout badges.

Good job, Kobo. Never thought I'd be saying that!!
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:31 AM   #2
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Sounds good! I would maybe get one but I think my hubby would kill me lots. lol
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:13 AM   #3
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
I've liked the Kobo since the initial Canadian release -- even though we went through some nasty initial issues with ePub rendering.

The devices definitely work best with the native Kobo books purchased through Kobobooks -- you get dictionary support, Reading Life, multi-device cloud syncing of bookmarks (same book, and bookmark, for instance on the Kobo, a Blackberry and even another wifi Kobo).

Yesterday, over wifi, Kobo Touch released firmware 1.9.4 which improves screen response and appears to have tweaked wifi positively. If you are curious, from the Home screen, select Settings and Device Information to see which version you are running.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:48 PM   #4
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
Ok, thanks for the info. I'll check.
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:25 PM   #5
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganM View Post
Sounds good! I would maybe get one but I think my hubby would kill me lots. lol
I got one anyway - and so far he hasn't (my husband that is, not yours).

(Actually it hasn't arrived yet, but he knows it is coming. Perhaps I need to hide it when it finally gets here)
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote