Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 11:12 PM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Tablets & eReaders 2015

This is a continuation of the Black Friday 2014 thread. These are current deals for devices used to read and/or listen to books with; along with appropriate accessories.

Master Index --> Tablets -- eReaders -- Media Players -- Accessories

Attention --> effective 01 Nov 2015, this thread will be closed. It will reopen on 01 Jan 2016. Topics discussed in this thread can be continued in the thread for Black Friday 2015

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-24-2015 at 04:08 AM.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:13 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Tablets --> (retail/ lowest) --- current

Last edited by tubemonkey; 12-31-2014 at 11:18 PM.
Advert
Old 12-31-2014, 11:13 PM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

eReaders --> (retail/ lowest) --- current

Last edited by tubemonkey; 12-31-2014 at 11:18 PM.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:13 PM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Media Players --> (retail/ lowest) --- current

Apple iPod
  • iPod touch 5G 64GB -- ($299/ $249) -->
  • iPod touch 5G 32GB -- ($249/ $199) -->
  • iPod touch 5G 16GB -- ($199/ $139) -->
  • iPod nano 7G 16GB -- ($149/ $100) -->
  • iPod shuffle 4G 2GB -- ($49/ $45) -->

SanDisk Sansa
  • Clip Sport 8GB -- ($50/ $35) --> $43 (AMZ)
  • Clip Sport 4GB -- ($40/ $30) --> $37 (AMZ)
  • Clip Zip 8GB -- ($60/ $35) --> $55 (SD)
  • Clip Zip 4GB -- ($50/ $30) --> $45 (SD)
  • Clip+ 8GB -- ($60/ $30) --> $43 (SD)
  • Clip+ 4GB -- ($45/ $30) --> $38 (AMZ)
  • Clip+ 2GB -- ($34/ $21) --> $30 (SD)

other MP3 Players
  • Sony Walk E380 16GB -- ($95/ $70) --> $94 (AMZ)
  • Sony Walk E380 8GB -- ($75/ $58) --> $73 (AMZ)
  • Sony Walk E380 4GB -- ($55/ $48) -->

Last edited by tubemonkey; 01-17-2015 at 03:34 PM.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:14 PM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Accessories --> (retail/ lowest) --- current

Last edited by tubemonkey; 12-31-2014 at 11:21 PM.
Advert
Old 01-07-2015, 08:35 AM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon Bonus Deal of the Day -- 07 Jan only

Today Only -- this is the lowest price this phone has ever been. It's $10 cheaper than its previous two low price points. Included is a free one-year subscription to Amazon Prime (a $99 value). If you're in the market for Prime or wish to extend your current subscription, then that brings the price of the phone down to $90. A killer deal.

Many of us purchased this phone during the previous two sales and are using it as a media player (a mini Fire tablet, if you will). This phone does NOT need to be activated in order to work this way.

For those wishing to use it as a phone, please note the following in reference to carrier compatibility:
Quote:
U.S. Compatibility

All GSM Networks including AT&T, T-Mobile, Walmart Family Mobile, MetroPCS, Cricket Wireless, Brightspot, Simple Mobile, Mobal, Net10, Straight Talk, h20 Wireless, and OneSimCard.

This device is not compatible with Verizon, Sprint, and US Cellular.
For further information and discussion, see this thread in the Kindle Fire Forum:.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 01-07-2015 at 08:50 AM.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:15 AM   #7
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
^ Tempting just to have yet another gadget, and possible future smartphone for my daughter; but I get the feeling it'll be ~$129 with free year of Prime soon enough.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:28 AM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
^ Tempting just to have yet another gadget, and possible future smartphone for my daughter; but I get the feeling it'll be ~$129 with free year of Prime soon enough.
Probably; especially if Amazon releases Fire Phone 2 this summer.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:22 PM   #9
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
This is for NEW SCRIBD subscribers only:

3 free month trial (the usual is one month):

https://www.scribd.com/promo/ScribdLovesHarlequin

The promo code to enter is scribdlovesharlequin

I can't test this because I already have a membership!

If someone tries it and it works, let me know. If it doesn't, I'll try to find out if there is some other promo code to enter.

Last edited by BearMountainBooks; 01-09-2015 at 09:48 AM.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:49 PM   #10
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post

The promo code to enter is scridblovesharlequin

If someone tries it and it works, let me know. If it doesn't, I'll try to find out if there is some other promo code to enter.
This is the same promo code I used last Nov for my 3-month trial.

Your promo code needs to be changed. You transposed the "b" and the "d". It should read:
  • scribdlovesharlequin
Old 01-09-2015, 09:50 AM   #11
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, I changed it. Honestly they could have come up with a more sensible name! :>)
Old 01-09-2015, 03:30 PM   #12
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post

The promo code to enter is scribdlovesharlequin

Thank you. Karma sent. I'm not a Harlequin reader, but I'll take the extended trial anyway. I drug my feet on the previous one as I really don't like reading novels on my tablet.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:41 PM   #13
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
Thank you. Karma sent. I'm not a Harlequin reader, but I'll take the extended trial anyway. I drug my feet on the previous one as I really don't like reading novels on my tablet.
Thanks for the karma. I'm not a harlequin reader either (although I read some of their Carina Press mystery authors). It's a good deal for a free trial! Weirdly I had just asked them about deals for some stuff I was blogging and apparently this deal wasn't working (it was out there, but not working). I saw a tweet that they got it working so thought I'd post here for anyone who wanted to try it!
Old 01-11-2015, 08:23 AM   #14
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon -- Limited Time Offer
Quote:
Play and control your favorite music, in any room of your house, with the SONOS PLAY:3 wireless speaker and the full-featured Fire HD 6 tablet. It’s a seriously powerful combination.

Imagine tapping into a world of music and enjoying immersive hi-fi sound in any room of your home. Now you can become the house DJ, controlling your favorite music with the free Sonos App on the Fire HD 6 while streaming the music to your Sonos wireless speaker.

To participate in this promotion, simply add the SONOS PLAY:3 and a Fire HD 6 of your choice to your Cart. The $50 savings on the Fire HD 6 will be applied at checkout.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:15 AM   #15
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
If you get E-mails from Google Play, be sure to check the latest one, it's got a unique code for a free copy of the movie Gravity!

Quote:
Subject: Limited-time gift: Own the Oscar-winning Gravity + free Steve Aoki album

Experience the heart-pounding thriller Gravity — it’s the perfect way to start your movie collection on Google Play. To get your copy, click “Redeem now” before January 30.*

*Good for one copy of Gravity on Google Play from compatible internet connected devices. Offer expires on January 30, 2015. Offer good in United States only. See Promotional Terms for more information.
They also have Steve Aoki's Neon Future I album for free as well. It's free to everyone, no code necessary.
Closed Thread