Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-10-2010, 06:43 PM   #121
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I have, but I've never drank the stuff. I didn't realize it was a PA Dutch thing.
re: Birch Beer. I'm not sure if it is PA Dutch, but wikipedia says it is most commonly found in the Northeastern United States, and Newfoundland in Canada. It also mentions "an ice cream soda made with vanilla ice cream and birch beer is called a Red Bull, while chocolate ice cream and root beer makes a Black Cow".
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:00 PM   #122
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Water from the fountain down the hall, in an empty "Vitamin Water" bottle.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2010, 07:02 PM   #123
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Time for another cup of coffee
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:16 PM   #124
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Black Butte Porter
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:35 PM   #125
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Actually, my cup's in the drawer. I'm getting too old.....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2010, 10:40 PM   #126
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Miller light...yum.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:01 PM   #127
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Have you ever run across Birch Beer? Equally non-alcoholic, a little more red but still kinda brown. I've only seen it in the Pennsylvania Dutch area of Pennsylvania. 'Sgood, though!
I am rarely in the Pennsylvania Dutch area of Pennsylvania without being in my soda-teetotal undercover persona, Gilles Owaikouinoa, but maybe I can get one of my leads there to sneak some over the border and onto a Tiger Moth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvico View Post
Espresso.
Mmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Yumm! Do you make your own? I burned out my little electric maker and never replaced it. Thinking it might be time to get another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvico View Post
Got one of those, too. But I prefer the crema the machine produces. The stovetop espresso tends to be "thinner."
Sadly, the milk-steamer boiler on our Sunbeam appears to have died, and it is currently being repaired/replaced/whatever (fortunately, both boilers have a 5 year warranty, so we're hoping it's the steam boiler). In the meantime, we're on stovetop. It's not as satisfying, but, aside from having to visit coffee shops (not desirable when one is struggling to get out of bed), it is the best of the alternatives (I dislike plunger and filter).

I miss my espresso machine.

Right now though...Pepsi Max with lots of ice cubes to chew.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:04 PM   #128
alvico
Addict
alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Rainwater.
alvico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:07 PM   #129
alvico
Addict
alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Sadly, the milk-steamer boiler on our Sunbeam appears to have died, and it is currently being repaired/replaced/whatever (fortunately, both boilers have a 5 year warranty, so we're hoping it's the steam boiler). In the meantime, we're on stovetop. It's not as satisfying, but, aside from having to visit coffee shops (not desirable when one is struggling to get out of bed), it is the best of the alternatives (I dislike plunger and filter).

I miss my espresso machine.
Hope you get it back soon, Marc. I'd be lost without mine.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:08 PM   #130
forcheville
Zealot
forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs650, Boox M92, Samsung Slate 7
Pu Erh tea, the good stuff, highly refreshing!
forcheville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:41 PM   #131
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Jose Cuervo...2 big gl;asses ppl.

I cant feel my feet. I CANT FEEL MY FEET.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:44 PM   #132
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
My evening cup of coffee.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:44 PM   #133
alvico
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
Jose Cuervo...2 big gl;asses ppl.

I cant feel my feet. I CANT FEEL MY FEET.
That's what happens when you live halfway between Hell and Walmart.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:45 PM   #134
alvico
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattncat View Post
My evening cup of coffee.
Doesn't coffee at night keep you awake?
Old 02-11-2010, 12:35 AM   #135
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Sweet iced tea. And no, it never gets too cold for iced tea. (My Texan is showing).
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?