Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-27-2011, 01:19 PM   #1
lisa.thornhill
lisa.thornhill began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 350
No authorisation

Hi all

I hope someone can help me i have a sony prs 350 and i have downloaded a book from wh smith and waterstones they have downloaded ok and in my library but when i go to put them in my e reader its says that there is no authorisation can someone please please help me x
Lisa
lisa.thornhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:35 PM   #2
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Have you got your Adobe ID etc... ?

Or you could just install Calibre....
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2011, 01:43 PM   #3
lisa.thornhill
lisa.thornhill began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 350
I have adobe ID and I am logged in but these books have saved to Sony reader library it shows all my books but when I try and drag and drop books I get this message 'This ebook cannot be transferred because there is no licence to view on this device or it is authorised to another user'.
Hope u can help
lisa.thornhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:03 AM   #4
Gilmartin
Zealot
Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PW2
Are you using the latest version of Reader? Does your device have the latest firmware installed?
Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:35 AM   #5
Blackadder
Somewhat bored
Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo hd
It sounds like you haven't authorised your reader.

First check your reader. Turn it on and go to setting, then click on 'about'. In the section labelled device information it should say 'this device is authorised for reading Adobe DRM content. If it doesn't then that's the problem.

To authorise it you need to do that in ADE.

Last edited by Blackadder; 12-30-2011 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Added more information
Blackadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2011, 07:43 AM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
It sounds like you haven't authorised your reader.
You need to do this when you're in ADE
I think Blackadder has put their finger on your problem.

Of course, the alternative solution (which I recommend) is to google for Apprentice Alf's blog, and use the tools from there to remove the DRM as soon as you've bought a book. That way authorisation problems won't trouble you again, and you can move your books between your devices without any fiddling. It also means that you'll be able to convert your books to different formats in the future.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote