Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-28-2014, 12:48 PM   #196
Cykotitan
Enthusiast
Cykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1 WiFi
I still get it to hang whenever file upload button is pressed, even though I'm using 0.4.
Another thing, I can't seem to type letters from other alphabets such as åäö using the provided keyboard.

Not sure if this is a real bug, but certain optinos such as "When Midori starts" under Startup preferences appears cutoff, and it shown above instead of below the selection box.
Cykotitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:55 PM   #197
peterhey
peterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the husk

Device: touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cykotitan View Post
I still get it to hang whenever file upload button is pressed, even though I'm using 0.4.
It probably depends on firmware version. I've 5.1.2 and both, midori and skipstone, can't upload files. But lynx works fine.
peterhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2014, 09:50 AM   #198
Cykotitan
Enthusiast
Cykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1 WiFi
It's not about being able to upload files, but rather the hanging which annoys me (ever press file upload button on http://touch.facebook.com instead of smiley?)
In general, the touchsceen near the edges is a bit tricky to trigger precisely.
Cykotitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:54 AM   #199
peterhey
peterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the husk

Device: touch
Fronter should help https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=223470
peterhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 01:34 AM   #200
kinkle
Connoisseur
kinkle began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3 3g and KT 3G
I install midori yestarday and it work, but now I do not have anny menu bar on the screen and I try to enable it for several hours!.. Also I can close the browser using only power button..
Do you know what can I do to enable the menu bar so I can use this browser?
kinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2014, 05:43 AM   #201
kinkle
Connoisseur

There is a file on midori-settings folder that I must delete ?
Old 07-13-2014, 09:37 AM   #202
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkle View Post
I install midori yestarday and it work, but now I do not have anny menu bar on the screen and I try to enable it for several hours!.. Also I can close the browser using only power button..
Do you know what can I do to enable the menu bar so I can use this browser?
On what model of device?

Your information block says you have a K3.

And the first sentence of the top post says:
Quote:
Okay works fine on all touch devices. Touch AND PW.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:12 AM   #203
kinkle
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
On what model of device?

Your information block says you have a K3.

And the first sentence of the top post says:
Oh! Sorry! I'll change it now.
I have a new Kindle Touch KT.

On KT I installed Midori and I already deleted the files in the folder and now it works fine. But I think some changes should be made ​​to have the opportunity to recover the menu bar from the dropdown menu that opens by clicking on the screen. This dropdown menu have just a few optins.

Last edited by kinkle; 07-13-2014 at 10:19 AM.
Old 07-13-2014, 10:33 AM   #204
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Amazon hasn't shipped new Kindle Touch devices in a long time.

What are the first four characters of your serial number please.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:08 AM   #205
kinkle
Connoisseur

It was a replacement of a frozen k3. It was shiped like new! I don't know...
First 4 characetrs: B00F
If anyone knows, in what file is stored settings for menu bar? I would not want to delete all settings files the next time because that way I'll lose bookmarks too.

By the way, those four characters show whether or not the Kindle is new?

Last edited by kinkle; 07-13-2014 at 12:44 PM.
Old 07-13-2014, 01:22 PM   #206
knc1
Going Viral

No, they just tell the model of the device:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers

B00F was one of the original KT devices shipped.
Yours is probably "re-furbished" and "like new".
(Well, other than the battery Re-furbishers don't normal change the battery.)
Old 07-13-2014, 03:22 PM   #207
kinkle
Connoisseur

The battery seems to be good for the moment.
Midori seems to be a bit cumbersome. If I open more than 2-3 windows then application errors sometimes appear.
I tried to save some pictures but I don't found pictures anywhere even if I created a special folder. I think it would have much to do to perform well on KT.
Old 07-13-2014, 03:55 PM   #208
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkle View Post
The battery seems to be good for the moment.
"seems good" is not a real guide and gives you no warning.
If that is the original battery, it is nearing the end of its useful life; if only from age.

Install one of our battery report things that lists the actual storage capacity available and used.

Chose which version of firmware you want to run, install that and also install the backdoor lock to keep it that way.

- - - -

I am sure twobob does not have the time to work on improving this Midori port.
Your welcome to continue his work.
The sources of his work are most likely posted on a public repository (somewhere ).
Old 07-13-2014, 04:49 PM   #209
kinkle
Connoisseur

If I had the necessary knowledge I have tried. But ... I think I'm good at most to broke something ...
Old 02-10-2016, 11:40 AM   #210
TheFattie
Connoisseur
TheFattie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 7th gen
Crashes after logo(turns off)…it looked so good!
TheFattie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser, extensions, kindle, kual, launcher add-ons, midori