Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 06-28-2011, 04:34 PM   #1
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
Headless server on NAS readonly problem

I'm trying the NAS for a calibre-server source trick others have done and get the following:

error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 58, in main
File "site-packages/calibre/library/server/main.py", line 114, in main
File "site-packages/calibre/library/database2.py", line 201, in __init__
File "site-packages/calibre/library/database2.py", line 290, in initialize_dynamic
File "site-packages/calibre/library/sqlite.py", line 304, in run
DatabaseException: attempt to write a readonly database
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/library/sqlite.py", line 264, in run
OperationalError: attempt to write a readonly database

Command line:
/usr/share/calibre/calibre-server --with-library=/mnt/backup/Calibre --port=3456 --develop

--develop was added due to a January thread about log writing which I hoped would take care of readonly .

GUI use is on a Macbook and is never simultanous and confirmed to be shut down when I've tried to start the server. NAS is a Buffalo which uses XFS file format though I can copy stuff back and forth from Windows, Mac, and linux with no trouble so I don't -think- XFS would be to blame. Squeezeserver serves up music fine to multiple devices from the '/mnt/backup' drive so I don't think that is an issue.

Help! Where is the 'readonly database' is coming from?

(The plan is UIless web-only, read only service where I can download books to my WiFi reader from my always on linux box. Test trials on the Macbook with the GUI had it working great -- now to port it over.)
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:34 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That error means the metadata.db file in your calibre library is read only.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert