Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-04-2011, 03:00 PM   #1
jmatthew
jmatthew began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, sony reader, kobo
Calibre epub works fine on Reader, fails epubcheck spectacularly

Hi,

Complete noob here, but hoping someone can point me in the right direction, since my web searches haven't been fruitful.

My book is out in print, and I managed to create a kindle version, which has been available in the Kindle store for a good year (it's a choose-your-own-adventure, so requires page links and chapter breaks on almost every page)

I recently used Calibre to convert the kindle prc into an epub, and the result reads beautifully on my Sony Reader. However, it fails epubcheck SPECTACULARLY with 694 errors (the Nook bookstore seems to have no problem with this, but to get it in the iBook store it needs to pass).

The vast majority of the errors are:

element "a" from namespace "http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" not allowed in this context

(Although sometimes it's a p element or a div element). The docs read fine in a browser, so my html can't be all that messed up.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Matt
jmatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:04 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre does not fix you input html to make it valid XHTML. You have to feed it valid XHTML for it to output valid XHTML. The best place to learn about how to fix HTML problems is the epub forum, not the calibre forum.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2011, 03:12 PM   #3
jmatthew
jmatthew began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, sony reader, kobo
Sorry -- you're right, this is clearly in the wrong forum. I'll repost over there.
jmatthew is offline   Reply With Quote