Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-12-2010, 06:22 AM   #1
Ebiumn
Connoisseur
Ebiumn doesn't litterEbiumn doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Kindle Voyage
PB360 in UK, get serious please!!!

HI, I have been the happy owner of 2*PB360's for almost a year, I am very happy with it and the one issue I had early on was quickly sorted out by the German distributor (Forkosigan) even though I purchased via the USA (Yar).

The issue I now have is that I am promoting the product to friends and family. People are now considering purchasing and firstly want to know where they can buy them. I have to reply online even though the people are not techies, and would prefer to buy from a shop, but they now want the website details and I have had a look at supplying sites and costs. I was very very suprised to see that the unit still costs > £200 where ever I get it from. USA= $199 but you need to add shipping and import duty, Germany = euro239, no shipping so approx £200, and UK site £211 and £5 shipping.

This is ridiculous its more expensive to buy in UK!!! Anyway people are seeing the Kindle advert everywhere at just over £100, its on TV all the time its in mags and papers and its on the billboards and adverts on the tube. I'm trying to say this is a great product, but getting someone to buy an unknown brand for twice as much from a overseas mail-order site is a hard sell, even when i'm there promoting the thing.

It must be time to reduce the unit price and get it into general distribution in the high-street, or even at a realistic price from a uk website.

Darren
Ebiumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:12 AM   #2
PocketGoods
Banned
PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: PB360
Hi, Ebiumn!

We just lowered our prices for Pocketbook Readers.
Take a look in my shop
PocketGoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2010, 04:11 AM   #3
Ebiumn
Connoisseur

Is that the $199 price or even lower?, you must remember that $199 = £127 approx but after shipping and import duty you are back to around £200 which is now too high in the current market compared to other product.

If the product was £127 in the UK then you would sell many more, If they are shipped to US and sold there for $199 then why cant they be shipped and sold in UK for a realistic price.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:38 AM   #4
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebiumn View Post
Is that the $199 price or even lower?, you must remember that $199 = £127 approx but after shipping and import duty you are back to around £200 which is now too high in the current market compared to other product.

If the product was £127 in the UK then you would sell many more, If they are shipped to US and sold there for $199 then why cant they be shipped and sold in UK for a realistic price.
It's 199 Euro, 165 pounds, and shipping is free for European residents. There are reasons why Pocketgoods gets lots of love.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:11 AM   #5
Ebiumn
Connoisseur

many thanks for this info, at least this is moving in the right direction, although £165 is still alot more than the massive publicity drive for the new kindle at £110, and online order from Germany.
Advert
Old 09-20-2010, 06:56 AM   #6
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebiumn View Post
many thanks for this info, at least this is moving in the right direction, although £165 is still alot more than the massive publicity drive for the new kindle at £110, and online order from Germany.
Order from USA. With VAT 150€
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote