Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

View Poll Results: Lets see how the new firmware goes
My K3 used to crash, however, new firmware has fixed that 14 31.82%
My K3 used to crash and new firmware did not make any difference 3 6.82%
MY K3 was fine before but new firmware has improved its performace 16 36.36%
MY K3 was fine before and new firmware has messed up everything for me 1 2.27%
My K3 was fine before, therefore, I decided not to install new firmware 10 22.73%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2010, 12:33 AM   #1
kool
kool began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 500; iPad; K3
Lets see how the new K3 firmware update goes

Please rate one option from above:

Last edited by kool; 09-10-2010 at 12:42 AM.
kool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:41 AM   #2
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
My kindle was buggy and the firmware so far has fixed it but I'm only on day 2 now of installing the update so still early days.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 03:04 AM   #3
warp
Connoisseur
warp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
I will wait with the installation because my Kindle has rebooted only twice.
warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:48 AM   #4
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I am happy with the new update
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:03 AM   #5
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
Haven't had any problems at all with the original...so gonna stay with it unless they force an update somehow...
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 07:46 AM   #6
haroldgh
Enthusiast
haroldgh began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
You missed one-- my kindle was fine before and I noticed no difference.
haroldgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:53 AM   #7
Madmanden
Enthusiast
Madmanden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Madmanden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Madmanden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Madmanden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
To the people who chose not to upgrade - you really should consider doing so anyway, it shouldn't mess anything up and it seems to improve performance. At least for me anyway.
Madmanden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:13 AM   #8
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
I updated mine yesterday, however it might take me a week or so before I see if it has made any difference, as I was only experience crashes/re-boots about once a week. I only had 2 in the first week and then nothing for another week until yesterday when I had 3. Was going to hold off as I hadn't had many problems but then after yesterday I did the update.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:10 AM   #9
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Sometime in the past couple of days I got the update pushed out to me, I just noticed that I'm at 3.01. I've had my WiFi on, not the 3G as far as I know.

I really can't say I've noticed a difference but I wasn't haven't lock-ups or reboots in the first place.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 03:24 PM   #10
kool
kool began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 500; iPad; K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by haroldgh View Post
You missed one-- my kindle was fine before and I noticed no difference.
Yes, you are right, I missed that option in this poll. I dont know how to add it.
kool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:16 PM   #11
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
So far I'm not having any issues with my new K3 ont he original 3.0 firmware. I don't feel a need to install the update as it will be pushed to the Kindle when Amazon feels it's ready for the general public.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:34 PM   #12
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
Sometime in the past couple of days I got the update pushed out to me, I just noticed that I'm at 3.01. I've had my WiFi on, not the 3G as far as I know.

I really can't say I've noticed a difference but I wasn't haven't lock-ups or reboots in the first place.
Me too. I read this morning where the update was official and checked my K3 only to find that it had already installed. I leave the WiFi on all the time, so I guess it installed last night.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:59 PM   #13
ppw
Connoisseur
ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle DXG, iPad 3
Still crashing. Takes notably longer to restart. Navigation is also faster.
ppw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:43 AM   #14
Top Tomato
Top Tomato ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top Tomato ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top Tomato ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top Tomato ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top Tomato ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top Tomato ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top Tomato ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top Tomato ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top Tomato ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top Tomato ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top Tomato ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3G
Mine was fine before, no crashes, so I wasn't going to upgrade for a few days. Then Amazon pushed the update to mine yesterday afternoon.

I am finding the web browser much more stable - doesn't hang like before.
Top Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:22 AM   #15
estrial
small is good
estrial doesn't litterestrial doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy S
by the way, I was just wondering if anyone in Australia realized that we seem to have the same model as the UK model from when downloading the new firm ware? My serial was more alike the one of the UK model than the US model. Maybe the international kindles were all UK models o.O I was pretty certain it did shipped from US though.
estrial is offline   Reply With Quote