Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-02-2010, 05:01 PM   #1
wachuko
eBook Worm
wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/ Sony PRS-505/PRS-600 Silver/PRS-T1
Question Recommended reading...

So this is what I have read since getting my ereader(Sony PRS-505 and then the PRS-600):

The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown. Before the ereader I had read most of Dan Brown's books (Digital Fortress, Deception Point, Angels & Demons, The Da Vinci Code)

Sherlock Holmes Omnibus - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Prince of Fire - Daniel Silva
The Confessor - Daniel Silva
The English Assassin - Daniel Silva
The Secret Servant - Daniel Silva
A Death in Vienna - Daniel Silva
The Marching Season - Daniel Silva
The Kill Artist - Daniel Silva
The Unlikely Spy - Daniel Silva
The Mark of the Assassin - Daniel Silva (you get the idea... all books of the Gabriel Allon series and a few more)

Life of Pi - Yann Martel (this one came as a recommendation from this forum, thank you! Not something I would have selected on my own)

Twitterville - Shel Israel
Thriller - James Patterson
Sail - James Patterson
What Would Google Do? - Jeff Jarvis
The Narrows - Michael Connelly
The Poet - Michael Connelly

This is what I have left for reading:

The Day After Tomorrow - Allan Folsom (started reading it today, another suggestion by a forum member, already looks like I will read it non-stop, very good)
Run For Your Life - James Patterson

Looking for additional recommendations since The Day After Tomorrow will not last me long
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:39 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
You must try out our members' work. The best books I read nowadays are free offers here in the recommendations forum.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2010, 09:47 PM   #3
wachuko
eBook Worm
wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
You must try out our members' work. The best books I read nowadays are free offers here in the recommendations forum.
Will do that
Old 06-06-2010, 10:10 AM   #4
sbaum4853
YA Fantasy Author
sbaum4853 is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle
If you liked Life of Pi, Yann Martel has a new one out called Beatrice and Virgil. It's on e-Reader in the major stores for $9.99.

And speaking of member's work, here's a freebie.
sbaum4853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 03:36 PM   #5
amiblackwelder
Romantic Suspense Author
amiblackwelder began at the beginning.

Device: kindle/MAC kindle app
2010 recommendations

My top ten list of must reads for 2010:

Deleted by moderator. "Recommending" your own books is SPAMMING and will not be tolerated. No more, please.

Last edited by HarryT; 06-06-2010 at 03:51 PM.
amiblackwelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2010, 10:03 PM   #6
wachuko
eBook Worm

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbaum4853 View Post
If you liked Life of Pi, Yann Martel has a new one out called Beatrice and Virgil. It's on e-Reader in the major stores for $9.99.

And speaking of member's work, here's a freebie.
Thank you Spencer. Downloading to my reader.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:54 AM   #7
wachuko
eBook Worm

Sorry to revive an old thread... but need help as to what to read next. Got a couple of work related trips that will have me on a plane for 6-9 hours...

Already read all books from Daniel Silva, James Patterson (skipped a few, including the latest one due to the negative reviews), Dan Brown, Michael Connelly (I just finished reading The Scarecrow), I have read all of John Grisham's books...

What else would you recommend? I need to buy a few more soon for my next trips...
Old 09-13-2010, 12:07 PM   #8
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
If you enjoyed the Michael Connelly, you might like to try The Lincoln Lawyer, which I think is his best yet. Also his Harry Bosch novels. I don't know which titles are available for your reader, but chances are many of them are (many are available for the Kindle).
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:22 PM   #9
wachuko
eBook Worm

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
If you enjoyed the Michael Connelly, you might like to try The Lincoln Lawyer, which I think is his best yet. Also his Harry Bosch novels. I don't know which titles are available for your reader, but chances are many of them are (many are available for the Kindle).
Added to the cart... I also see that they have the first three novels on the Harry Bosch series for 9.99 (The Black Echo, the Black Ice, the Concrete Blonde)... getting those as well.

Michael Connelly’s Fiction
The Black Echo (1992)
The Black Ice (1993)
The Concrete Blonde (1994)
The Last Coyote (1995)
The Poet (1996) - Done!
Trunk Music (1997)
Blood Work (1998)
Angels Flight (1999)
Void Moon (2000)
A Darkness More Than Night (2001)
City Of Bones (2002)
Chasing The Dime (2002)
Lost Light (2003)
The Narrows (2004) - Done!
The Closers (2005)
The Lincoln Lawyer (2005)
Echo Park (2006)
The Overlook (2007)
The Brass Verdict (2008)
The Scarecrow (2009) - Done!
Nine Dragons (2009)

Harry Bosch Series:

The Black Echo (1992)
The Black Ice (1993)
The Concrete Blonde (1994)
The Last Coyote (1995)
Trunk Music (1997)
Angels Flight (1999)
A Darkness More Than Night (2001)
City Of Bones (2002)
Lost Light (2003)
The Narrows (2004) - Done!
The Closers (2005)
Echo Park (2006)
The Overlook (2007)
The Brass Verdict (2008)
Nine Dragons (2009)
Old 09-13-2010, 01:26 PM   #10
wachuko
eBook Worm

What other authors should I be looking at? Any more recommendations?
Old 09-13-2010, 02:50 PM   #11
wachuko
eBook Worm

Any comments on Stieg Larsson, Reg Keeland??
Old 09-13-2010, 03:34 PM   #12
wachuko
eBook Worm

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
Any comments on Stieg Larsson, Reg Keeland??
Search is my friend...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95236
Old 09-13-2010, 03:45 PM   #13
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
If you like fantasy an author I've recently discovered and thoroughly enjoyed is Brent Weeks. He's written the Night Angel Trilogy and his most recent book is The Black Prism (links to my review). Absolutely fantastic start to a fantasy series with an innovative magic system. Can't wait for the rest in the series to be finished.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:09 PM   #14
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
Sorry to revive an old thread... but need help as to what to read next. Got a couple of work related trips that will have me on a plane for 6-9 hours...
I like all those authors (except never read Silva) so I'll recommend these others that I like as good plane books: Greg Iles, Kathy Reichs, David Baldacci, Janet Evanovich, Parnell Hall (esp. Stanley Hastings, but Puzzle Lady is good too), Sue Grafton. In no particular order.

And I'll check out Daniel Silva (after my TBR pile which will keep me busy till next summer diminishes).
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:09 AM   #15
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Robert B. Parker, Lee Childs, Jeffrey Deaver, Stuart Kaminsky, Robert Tanenbaum, old classics like Rex Stout, Lawrence Sanders, Agatha Christie. Too many authors too little time.
Check out your library ebook listings under ebook thrillers, available now, and just pick out a few at random and you are sure to get some you like
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote