Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 05-12-2005, 03:34 PM   #1
manvey
manvey began at the beginning.

e-book format choosing

I am working on a book converting for education. However, there are over 20 huge decision trees in this book, I am thinking to cut them into several small pics and then use hyperlink or other method(?) to make the logic of picture reasonable.

I have tried on isilo, mobipocket and plucker, and I found that isilo is best in handling imaging, but asking all my students to buy isilo is not a smart idea. The navigation of mobipocket for decision flow is not very good, since everything is in one "real" book. plucker only can be used in palm.

In addition, I need the "hyperlinks" between e-books, seems only mobipocket provides the function. am I right?

I am really have no idea which format I should choose to have best image nagivator and "hyperlinks" between e-books. Is anyone have experience or suggestion to me? Thank you.
manvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 05:08 PM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
manvey, I think Plucker is your own answer. You are looking for an e-book reader that is preferably available for free, and that already limits your choice. I don't think Plucker does currently allow for cross-linking between e-books, but if you are using a good desktop tool (such as Sunrise), you should have all the other features you are looking for (such as reasonable image handling).

Most importantly, you can read Plucker documents on Pocket PC devices using Vade Mecum.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2005, 05:43 PM   #3
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
I don't think Plucker does currently allow for cross-linking between e-books
That's a feature going into Plucker 2.0, as well as potentially "online" fetching of chapters/books (works now in an unreleased copy)
Quote:
Most importantly, you can read Plucker documents on Pocket PC devices using Vade Mecum.
And it works on Linux-based PDAs, PalmOS-based PDAs and Windows/PocketPC-powered PDAs. Actually, we support every platform out there now from desktop and PDA perspective, through core and third-party efforts.
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 07:24 PM   #4
manvey
manvey began at the beginning.

I have some ideas now, thank you very much, guys.

Just wondering, which one would the best to solve my problem if money was not a problem.

One more question, when will plucker 2.0 be released? recently?
manvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 07:25 PM   #5
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Could you not just use html? In the pocketpc world, i would think that would be best. No software required, although I would recommend buying ubook
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert