Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-27-2008, 12:39 PM   #1
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Sony eBooks at Borders

I read on Teleread blog that there is now a Sony eBook store at Borders. I downloaded the eBook Library software from the borders page and opened the eBook store.

http://ebooks.borders.com/content/borders/index.html

But, it looks from watching the requests in Fidler that it is just a different front page... however, all the rest of the pages are the same. So, I'm not sure why they are doing this.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:48 PM   #2
banjopicker
banjopicker began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Right now it is so tedious to navigate through Sony's site on the reader software that it generally discourages me from browsing for books. If they would just allow you to login from a regular browser and make the wish list and shopping cart features work there then I could look at multiple books in multiple tabs/windows add them to the cart, then transfer to Sony's software and make my purchases. As it is it is a fairly unpleasant shopping experience where you are confined to consider one book at a time with forward/back buttons, and a wishlist button that is only available on the product detail page. As a result, I don't buy many books from Sony.

I was hoping that the linkup with the Borders site would mean we could shop for books on the Borders site instead of going through the reader software, but it looks like Borders and Sony just have an agreement for Borders to promote the reader and distribute the flawed Sony software without actually offering books for Sony Reader customers.
banjopicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2008, 10:01 PM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I dislike the software for the Sony and no longer use it
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 10:49 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjopicker View Post
Right now it is so tedious to navigate through Sony's site on the reader software that it generally discourages me from browsing for books.
Yes, you can browser from a browser at http://ebookstore.sony.com/ but you can't do any shopping without the eBook store software.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:41 AM   #5
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
It would be nice if you could at least add books to your wish list from your browser. That way you could just use the Reader software to access your wishlist and choose the books you added while browsing for purchase.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2008, 12:05 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I keep hoping that they'll do some of this, but since Sony reorg'ed the Reader into the same division with the cameras and MP3 players, I've started to feel a lessening in my confidence in the way they're handling the product.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:39 PM   #7
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
It would be nice if you could at least add books to your wish list from your browser. That way you could just use the Reader software to access your wishlist and choose the books you added while browsing for purchase.

dordale
Perhaps if enough of us sent them a simple e-mail it would bring it to their attention? I remember awhile back their was a link on their website for customer suggestions.
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote