Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-22-2012, 06:17 AM   #1
steve2112
steve2112 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Why is image left justified when I link to it?

Hi

I'm converting Indesign files into epub and then using Calibre to create mobi files. One of the issues I can't seem to clear is when I link from my illustrations list to an image, the image is set to the left of the screen, even though it is meant to be centred.

If I then page up and back down again, the image has centred itself (so the formatting is obviously in there) - though it doesn't if I page down then up?!

I'd appreciate any ideas

Thanks
steve2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:10 AM   #2
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
InDesign has placed the target anchor tag incorrectly, at least incorrectly by Mobi standards.

When the Mobi/Kindle reader jumps to an anchor it does not look backwards to look for possible style instructions. You need to edit the ePub and move the anchor targets to a point before whatever wrapping container (<p>, <div>, <span>, ...) has the style instructions to center the image. That way, when the reader jumps to the anchor and runs forward it encounters the centering instruction before encountering the image tag.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2012, 12:00 PM   #3
steve2112

Thanks for such a quick response.

I'm still fairly new to the HTML-level side of things but I'm picking it up and your answer makes good sense - many thanks!
Old 03-22-2012, 12:05 PM   #4
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
You'll find a lot of discussion of this issue if you search the forum for footnote linking problems.

BTW, there is a lot of good HTML and CSS infor available at W3schools
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:53 AM   #5
steve2112

That's great - thanks very much for your help - I found the anchor problems in the HTML code and remedied easily.

Much appreciated

Steve
Advert

Tags
image hyperlink ade, images, kindle, linking, mobi