Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-27-2011, 10:45 AM   #1
redcomyn
redcomyn began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS650
Unable to read Quick Start Guide

I installed Calibre, the latest version. I am unable to read the Calibre Quick Start Guide, nor the read-me. I get the "no available formats" error. Looking into the the actual files, they are opf files. I thought Calibre could read that format. Apparently not, though.
Is there a way to read these files?
redcomyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:04 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
The OPF file is just a metadata backup file. The quickstart guide should be in ePub format. In Calibre, select the quickstart guide and either click on the magnifying glass in the toolbar (the button should say "view" or somesuch) or, with the book selected, hit the "v" key. The Calibre ebook viewer should then open up and display the book.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2011, 11:36 AM   #3
redcomyn

I tried that. That is where I get the "no available formats" error.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:40 AM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
That's funny. In your preferences, under behaviour, is there a check mark next to ePub in the "Use internal viewer..." panel? If you select the guide, in the books detail pane, there's a link to the path the book is stored in. If you click that link, in the file manager window that opens, is there an ePub file?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:01 PM   #5
redcomyn

Yes to the checkmark. There is no ePub file for the guide. I also looked in Windows Explorer. There is only the opf file.
I am beginning to think that I didn't get all the necessary files with the Calibre install.
Advert
Old 01-27-2011, 12:07 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
the quick start guide is also present in the resources sub folder of your calibre install, get it from there.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:11 PM   #7
redcomyn

That worked. Thanks for the help from both of you! I really appreciate it.