Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-05-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
ursus101
ursus101 began at the beginning.

Device: none
non-English characters in calibre library folder structure

Hi all,

Is it possible to tell calibre to use non-English characters in library folder structure?

I found an option under Preferences : Saving books to disk: Convert non-English characters to English equivalents. As far as I understand, it works only when I "export" books from calibre.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

P.S. I use Mac OS X 10.6.8.
ursus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:17 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursus101 View Post
Hi all,

Is it possible to tell calibre to use non-English characters in library folder structure?

I found an option under Preferences : Saving books to disk: Convert non-English characters to English equivalents. As far as I understand, it works only when I "export" books from calibre.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

P.S. I use Mac OS X 10.6.8.
It is rare that you Need to go into the Library (see the sticky about structure (names)) that it should matter.
When you do, select the book in Calibre and tap "o" (for open containing folder). No need to know where/what that folder is
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2011, 06:28 PM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Calibre intentionally uses a subset of characters in the library. Calibre by design runs on a variety of operating systems and file systems. Due to this the characters used in the library folder are all characters that work across all of them.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:37 PM   #4
ursus101
ursus101 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for feedback! When I started to use Calibre I did not like the default reader. I thought that I can use Calibre just to organize my library. In such case, it is convenient to use native charset. Soon I realized that that's not really a big issue for me.
ursus101 is offline   Reply With Quote