Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-13-2013, 06:11 PM   #151
BookBunny
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏'\(⊙ ヮ⊙ )
BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Glo™
How much darker is the grey than on the product photos? I really like the cover, but I absolutely hate grey

Also do fingerprints show on the inside?
BookBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #152
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookBunny View Post
How much darker is the grey than on the product photos? I really like the cover, but I absolutely hate grey

Also do fingerprints show on the inside?
It is a dark grey - if the photo's on the website were to be graded a 1 (light grey) and then black was a 5 I would say it it a 3.5.

And no - fingerprints do not show on the inside
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2013, 09:46 AM   #153
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
I just came across these: http://oberondesign.com/e-reader-covers/kindle.html

Soooooo pretty!

Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #154
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have seen those - they are absolutely gorgeous . .. and with P&P cost as much as your reader! Not saying they aren't worth it though . . put it on your pressie list and leave it lying around . .
Old 04-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #155
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa View Post
put it on your pressie list and leave it lying around . .
Okay I'm taking that as a hint you know. I will be expecting a package some time soon!

These are also nice:
http://www.refleece.com/products/kobo-glo-case

Made from recycled materials (fleece clothes and plastic bottles)!
Advert
Old 04-02-2013, 12:02 PM   #156
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊

Those are cute - but I am not a fan of elastic corners . . . want to ping it like knicker elastic!

So pleased you got my list for an Oberon cover
Old 04-03-2013, 03:56 PM   #157
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I'm enjoying my official Kobo Glo cover, but I sometimes like to simply hold a Kobo Glo naked, especially at night when I'm reading.

What's a good sleeve that one can put a naked Kobo Glo into - slipping it in and out (and without leaving fiber residue on the screen)? I also don't want to mark in any way the rubbery black on the reader.

I should add that I would prefer (if available) a type of slip case where the Reader slips in from the top and pulls out from the top.

Any suggestions (and photos), please?

Thanks.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-03-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #158
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
I won't post a pic holding my Glo naked while reading at night , but I like my Case Crown sleeve. It says it is for Nook, but it would fit any 6" ereader with room to spare.

There is a picture of it beside my Glo in Post #10 of this thread.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:25 PM   #159
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Does this display of cases help?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:55 PM   #160
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I sometimes like to simply hold a Kobo Glo naked, especially at night when I'm reading.

Ooooh - someone scrub my brain
Old 04-04-2013, 03:55 AM   #161
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
I'm enjoying my official Kobo Glo cover, but I sometimes like to simply hold a Kobo Glo naked, especially at night when I'm reading.

What's a good sleeve that one can put a naked Kobo Glo into - slipping it in and out (and without leaving fiber residue on the screen)? I also don't want to mark in any way the rubbery black on the reader.

I should add that I would prefer (if available) a type of slip case where the Reader slips in from the top and pulls out from the top.

Thanks.

Don
Oooh that's exactly what I want as well. I started off with number 11 from the list Peter gave (see pic; actually, I still use it). It's nice and doesn't leave fibre all over the screen and doesn't mark my Glo anywhere... plus, I find the top-and-right opening easier than I imagine a "top laoder" would be because you have more room to manoeuvre the reader into the sleeve. Also, it protects the reader from all sides and doesn't leave an opening for scratches at the top. The down side is the front is not reinforced. So where it's protected against scratches, if something prods into the screen in my bag or somewhere, the screen will not be protected against cracks (Oh, and it does say "Kindle" on the front band.)

I've been interested in the Case Crown sleeve that treadlightly mentioned (it's pretty!), but I don't really want the extra room for my Glo to wobble about in, and Case Crown doesn't seem to have anything* for Kobo – although Amazon thinks otherwise**. Treadlightly, is the front reinforced? That Amazon link also shows completely hard case Case Crowns for Kobo Touch... hmmm... but still, not the top loading sleeve you're after. Do you want that to be reinforced? Otherwise any old neoprene sleeve would do you fine (pic 2).

*I'm not sure if that's the correct Case Crown site. I can't find any others though.
**These even specifically says they're for the Glo...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Amazon-Kindle-Zip-Sleeve-fits-Kobo-Touch-and-Kobo-Glo-540x527.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	103900   Click image for larger version

Name:	41I4pOZwbcL.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	103901  

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 04-04-2013 at 05:48 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:58 AM   #162
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa View Post
Ooooh - someone scrub my brain
Dirty girl!

Old 04-04-2013, 05:16 AM   #163
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:

Thanks.

Don
While I can't help you with this query directly, I understand that the Bill & Melissa Gates Foundation has started up a project looking at this very thing.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:25 AM   #164
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
I've been interested in the Case Crown sleeve that treadlightly mentioned (it's pretty!), but I don't really want the extra room for my Glo to wobble about in, and Case Crown doesn't seem to have anything* for Kobo – although Amazon thinks otherwise**. Treadlightly, is the front reinforced? That Amazon link also shows completely hard case Case Crowns for Kobo Touch... hmmm... but still, not the top loading sleeve you're after. Do you want that to be reinforced?
Neither side is reinforced with a solid material. You could slide a piece of plastic in the front pocket. The foam is about 5mm thick. BUT my Glo in its official sleepcover (grey fabric) fits in the CaseCrown sleeve, providing screen protection. I never fully click the Glo into the sleepcover because I read naked while at home. I use both the sleepcover and sleeve while on the go because I like to take my cord with me to work.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:45 AM   #165
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
Neither side is reinforced with a solid material. You could slide a piece of plastic in the front pocket. The foam is about 5mm thick.
That's a shame Thank for the extra info.