Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-07-2024, 05:07 AM   #44056
Martinoptic
Bibliolater
Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Well you are both making me hungry and it’s a while to lunchtime yet.
Martinoptic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 05:40 AM   #44057
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Time for second breakfast then?
neil_swann80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 06:05 AM   #44058
Martinoptic
Bibliolater
Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I raided the fridge - you are a bad influence.
Old 03-07-2024, 06:53 AM   #44059
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I thought elevenses was one of the established meals!
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 07:23 AM   #44060
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Aka brunch?
Old 03-07-2024, 07:27 AM   #44061
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Doesn't brunch imply that you didn't have breakfast? Elevenses is the meal between breakfast and lunch.
Old 03-07-2024, 07:31 AM   #44062
neil_swann80

I thought/assumed it was just any substantial (larger than a snack) meal eaten between breakfast and lunch. Elevenses then being a subset of brunch.

But then, could you have an early brunch followed by elevenses? Tomorrow I shall try.
Old 03-07-2024, 09:44 AM   #44063
Martinoptic
Bibliolater

Are you going to the gym to prepare for this feast of yours tomorrow?
Old 03-07-2024, 10:32 AM   #44064
neil_swann80

Try to never miss a day. Only have a rest day if I'm particularly sore from the previous day's workout.

I might have to do a double session after this food experiment though!
Old 03-07-2024, 05:07 PM   #44065
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
For the first time in my life I am actually looking forward to the arrival of DST! My internal clock never reset last year when DST ended - so getting hungry at the appropriate time will be very welcome (to my cat too) ... not to mention after dinner walks in the light again.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 06:00 PM   #44066
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
For the first time in my life I am actually looking forward to the arrival of DST!
Welcome to the club!
Old 03-08-2024, 12:48 AM   #44067
neil_swann80

DST and the arrival of springtime in general. My favourite time of year.

As for what I'm doing, admin. A huge pile of documents I've been trying not to look at is finally receiving some anxiety relieving attention.
Old 03-08-2024, 02:45 AM   #44068
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Dealing with complaints about the error checking/correction routine I rewrote. Any input that does not match the expected input template is now required to be corrected before moving to the next field. Evidently some people are having trouble with this. The same idiots who caused the error checking routine to need rewriting since the bad entries caused issues during later processing.

Yes, the postal code must be in the A1A 1A1 format though it will autocorrect to that if you enter A1A1A1 or use lower case, any other input will not be accepted. You can click on the address field and do an online lookup though it takes 5-15 seconds.

Yes, you need a first name and last name, no, you can't put both in one field and no this is not autocorrectable. Have you looked at some of the names in the district?

Multiple other complaints that they can no longer treat most of the fields as free form to be fixed later. Guess what folks, they never got fixed later. If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find the time to fix your mistakes?

Yes, job titles are a 3 character acronym. You will see a list of the current acronyms search displayed as you type and can click on the correct one. No, you can't use 0-2 or 4+ characters nor can you leave the field blank.

Yes, sites are using the same 3 character abbreviations that have been standard in the district for decades. When you type the first character in the field, you will see a list of sites starting with that character.

No, you can't use a numeral to start a name. 0'Bannion is not a valid name.

It makes me feel happy that I am retired and got well paid for rewriting the input routines but do not have to have people griping about it in person.

Last edited by DNSB; 03-08-2024 at 02:50 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 02:48 AM   #44069
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Preparing for the day. Today and tomorrow we're helping my parents move from the vacation rental to their new apartment. My sister and I had planned that we were going to move stuff from the rental to the apartment, probably even having to pack a lot of things. But apparently my parents have moved a lot of thing over the last couple of days already. They have one load for today, which they will bring today. And then the last things, including my mother's chair and the cats, will be moved tomorrow. Then all that's left is to tidy up the rental (vacuum, wipe down the some surfaces, etc).

So the current plan is that we'll meet them around noon in the apartment today, help them unpack. Tomorrow I'll go to the apartment and do more unpacking and keep my mom company and my father and sister will go to the rental to pick up the last things (if there are any left after he takes my mother and the cats home) and tidy up.

I'll be glad when it's over. It's just one less thing we have to deal with and then we can focus solely on our own move.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 03:49 AM   #44070
neil_swann80

Death by PowerPoint (meeting).

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?