Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-04-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
Beethoven
Beethoven began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Kobo Firmware Release Notes?

Anyone know where I can find the release notes for the Kobo Wireless firmware upgrades? Haven't found any on this forum, nor on the Kobo Help Forum (Announcements) which seems deserted since the Kobo Wireless came out.

It's great that we are asked if we want to allow the firmware to be updated, but it would be nice to know what changes/fixes we should expect to see.

Thanks!
Beethoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:18 PM   #2
digital_steve
Muppet
digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650
Good luck
I've asked that question a few times now... they're probably busy working on the firmware
digital_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2010, 11:21 PM   #3
roguefan99
Zealot
roguefan99 began at the beginning.

Device: Smart Q7, and Kobo
What is changed in the firmware may not even be finalised at the moment. Things might change with bug testing etc, we really dont know how far they are into developing the next firmware, just that they are working on it. There was chatter of an iminent release but these things change depending on the development process (you don't want bad firmware out there).

Then again there weren't "release notes" for the last firmware just an overview of it (at the kobo blog), from memory.
roguefan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:38 AM   #4
Beethoven
Beethoven began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Thanks.

Hmm. Doesn't sound very professional, nor customer oriented.

I'm curious as hell about future firmware functionality/bug changes, but I don't expect any kind of documented commitments on what's coming. I understand that priorities change, and that good testing may result in planned changes being delayed.

However, I do expect that when software/firmware updates are released, that customers are made awaire of what's new or changed, instead of being expected to do end-to-end device testing ourselves to find changes that might affect how we use/trust the device.

Also, with the new upgrade process, we are asked if we want to install optional, or recommended firmware releases. This feature is for risk management. How can we assess the risk of accepting an update, with no information.

The release notes already exist. Somebody just needs to dumb them down for user consumption. Can't take that long. Not long at all if customer satisfaction is a priority.
Beethoven is offline   Reply With Quote