Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 08-11-2010, 08:14 PM   #1
mrbillb
mrbillb began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
ePub Errors

I am getting these two error messages when I verify my ePub file at Threepress Consulting:

ERROR: zephyr.epub/OEBPS/content.opf(6): unfinished element
ERROR: zephyr.epub/OEBPS/Text/zephyr.htm(2860): attribute "name" not allowed at this point; ignored
Check finished with warnings or errors!

I have checked around both line numbers and cannot find the problem. In addition, I have checked all instances of the "name" attribute and do not recognize an error.

What do you recommend?
mrbillb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:24 PM   #2
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
The first error is because you left something essential out of your metadata, you need the title, author and language.
The second error most likely means you have an anchor tag with both id and name attributes (e.g. <a name="foo" id="foo>). Delete the name attribute, it's deprecated in xhtml on <a> tags and you should only use id.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
epub, error