Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-11-2009, 05:11 PM   #16
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Howdy! (Okay, I never say that.) I am a Texan by parentage (4th generation?), birth (Austin), and residence (Houston for 22 years). But I don't feel much like a Texan because I left Texas when I was about 6 and didn't return until I was 30. So I spent most of my youth in other places and never got attached to it (or anywhere). The "true" Texans that I know don't wear cowboy boots (or at least not often), rode to school on a horse ever, have shootin' irons (or not many, anyway), chew 'baccy, or can rope anything. They do have smiles on their faces, have lots of homey stories about family and friends when they were young, and are mighty friendly. A nice to place to hang your hat if you have one (no, I don't).
No cowboy hat? And you don't ride to work on a horse? And your last name is not Ewing? Now I'm very disappointed, VR (I think I know, where you spent those 24 years, but I won't PORT..., er, post it )
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:12 PM   #17
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
(I think I know, where you spent those 24 years, but I won't PORT..., er, post it )
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:04 PM   #18
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
clearly you have no-one but yourself to blame for that ! you spend far too much time with those kids (i bet they don't even know how to read yet !!) instead of out recruiting new members from arizona !!! sheesh. i'd help you, but i'm busy organising another meetup in paris (texas ).
Excuse me, Madame Z. My kinders are all reading at 1st grade level, and many (including my granddaughter) are reading at late second grade level. So there. Bleah!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:28 PM   #19
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Excuse me, Madame Z. My kinders are all reading at 1st grade level, and many (including my granddaughter) are reading at late second grade level. So there. Bleah!
well then sign them up here, sheesh ! what are you waiting for ? your arizona thread would be hopping by now.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:34 PM   #20
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
well then sign them up here, sheesh ! what are you waiting for ? your arizona thread would be hopping by now.

Uh......no........this is MY place. MINE MINE MINE!!!!!

Oh, wait. Excuse the outburst. Forgot where I was for a minute......
Old 05-11-2009, 09:13 PM   #21
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Uh......no........this is MY place. MINE MINE MINE!!!!!

Oh, wait. Excuse the outburst. Forgot where I was for a minute......

You're welcome here anytime, DG, and your hubby and all your offspring. 'Course, I don't expect you'll want to leave Arizona....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:34 PM   #22
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
You're welcome here anytime, DG, and your hubby and all your offspring. 'Course, I don't expect you'll want to leave Arizona....
Why, thank you, Sir Sir.

No, as long as my kids are here, I'll be here.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:29 AM   #23
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Hey, but there are no spiders here, Zee!

(cuz the cockroaches eat 'em all)
Hhmmm . . . I've seen my share here VR Click image for larger version

Name:	Alien & Spider.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	28887 I hate spiders.

Hope never to encounter the Brown Recluse. They're dangerous.

Last edited by Lady Blue; 05-12-2009 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Typo - I'm so embarassed.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:41 AM   #24
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I've been to Texas once!

Even had to change planes there...

Wait, does that mean I've been there twice?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:19 AM   #25
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
Hhmmm . . . I've seen my share here VR Attachment 28887 I hate spiders.

Hope never to encounter the Borwn Recluse. They're dangerous.
Don't listen to her, Zelda. Those are just the few that haven't yet been eaten by the cockroaches. And please don't worry about the cockroaches either. They have a natural predator, too - snakes. Keeps in control, you see.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:22 AM   #26
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Don't listen to her, Zelda. Those are just the few that haven't yet been eaten by the cockroaches. And please don't worry about the cockroaches either. They have a natural predator, too - snakes. Keeps in control, you see.
if you're trying to keep me away from texas, you're doing an excellent job !
Old 05-12-2009, 08:28 AM   #27
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zoo_7.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	312.9 KB
ID:	28890

Isn't he pretty? I took this shot myself. He makes a beautiful screen saver in the bigger version. In the bigger version you can see great detail.

You wouldn't guess I don't care for snakes, would you?
Old 05-12-2009, 08:33 AM   #28
zelda_pinwheel

Old 05-12-2009, 08:35 AM   #29
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I saw a snake once... I believe that was in Utah...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:40 AM   #30
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one

Quote:
Uh oh. PShe's Pspeechless.

PSpeak to us Zee.

Psomeone get the psmelling psalts.