Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-10-2007, 08:21 PM   #1
guest user
guest user began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Computer illiterate trying to get PDF to work

I have read tons of threads and downloaded pdfrastiphorian and auto imager and spent numerous days with no progress in trying to get a PDF textbook to work. The textbook is 1200 pages long and it typically has two rows of typing but sometimes varies. Also i can select the text and copy it to msword but then all the images dont copy as well as JUST the text from the images copies which seems like it would require me to then delete out all those which would take weeks given the size. I would love to have it in the format of the books i buy from connect but i doubt that will ever happen. Also, like in the title i dont know anything about computers or software so reading these forums is like reading another language to me.

My question is is there some way to just copy the text from the main columbs in a textbook book excluding the pictures and text in the pictures and on the sides so that i can just copy it to ms word. Also is there some way to then create a interative index that alows me to select the chapters by scrolling and entering like connect books offers?
Thanks
guest user is offline   Reply With Quote