Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 06-19-2010, 07:35 AM   #1
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Got My Mentor Today!

Unfortunately, I won't get to play with it for a bit. I also got a guillotine type paper cutter (for cutting the spines off books for scanning) today from Amazon. While I was testing it (ok, playing with it), I managed to almost cut off the end of my right thumb. I couldn't stop the bleeding so I went to the emergency room (had fun driving with just my left hand) and spent most of the night there. They had the divil of a time getting the bleeding to stop but, eventually, they got it down to a very slow seep, bandaged it, and sent me home. I made a drug store run on the way home, then cleaned up the mess I made (it looked like the Texas chain saw massacre in my bathroom where I had tried to stop the bleeding). Then, I hauled the trash to the dumpster while my thumb was still numb enough to let me do so.

The reason there was so much blood was I had accidently pulled my thumb across the blade of the cutter (I've seen new razor blades duller than that blade!). I actually got lucky; I had thought I had made a deep slice in the thumb (I couldn't see for all the blood) but, actually, the blade caught the top of the thumbnail and cut it off the thumb. The nail bed somehow was spared along with the cuticle so the nail will eventually grow back. The nail bed is loaded with capillaries and that was why there was so much blood. That, and I'm on blood thinners.

I've been up 25 hours and I need to go to bed so my new Mentor will just have to wait until I'm functional again. I also want to get to sleep before the local wears off.

Nachty nacht.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:39 AM   #2
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Oh, Lady ... what are you?! Hope you feel better tomorrow and can relax a bit with your new toy (not the guillotine). Take care. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2010, 07:43 AM   #3
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Galaxy Note 2
Yikes! Take care, and let us know what you think of the Mentor. I just got mine yesterday as well too!
maxbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:42 AM   #4
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Ohmygoodness! Guillotines are bad! Good thing it was only your thumb. Yikes, gives me the chills. I don't do so well with blood & stuff, but there was a sick part of me that couldn't stop reading. Whenever my kids are injured they have to get Daddy's help, because there is a chance Mommy will faint. (I would NOT make a good nurse! ) In any case, I hope your thumb heals quickly and you can enjoy your Mentor!
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 04:34 PM   #5
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
...I would NOT make a good nurse...
Neither would I! Normally I would be a bit squeamish about it; I'm fine as long as I don't watch but, for some odd reason, it didn't bother me last night. The primary emotion I was experiencing was anger for being so careless and worry about how I would be dealing with everyday, mundane tasks we don't even think about until we lose the use of a thumb.

Despite what I said last nigh...er...this morning, I got restless and opened the package to see what my new toy looked like. I buttoned it back up then continued to be restless, so I started reading the directions. When I hit the part about charging for twelve hours, I unpacked it again and put it on the charger where it is now until I get around to playing with it. For nowe, I'm watching TV and muttering sweet nothings under my breath because the darned thing is throbbing.
Advert
Old 06-19-2010, 07:33 PM   #6
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Neither would I! Normally I would be a bit squeamish about it; I'm fine as long as I don't watch but, for some odd reason, it didn't bother me last night. The primary emotion I was experiencing was anger for being so careless and worry about how I would be dealing with everyday, mundane tasks we don't even think about until we lose the use of a thumb.

Despite what I said last nigh...er...this morning, I got restless and opened the package to see what my new toy looked like. I buttoned it back up then continued to be restless, so I started reading the directions. When I hit the part about charging for twelve hours, I unpacked it again and put it on the charger where it is now until I get around to playing with it. For nowe, I'm watching TV and muttering sweet nothings under my breath because the darned thing is throbbing.
Hopefully you've got something to help with the pain. And I've got to say, you are typing remarkably well without the use of your thumb!
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:28 PM   #7
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard

I use the Scriptural method of typing; seek and ye shall find. I normally use only two fingers so typing isn't too bad. Using the mouse is less than a joy.

I can't take pain meds stronger than acetaminafen. NSAIDs wreck my stomach and anything stronger make me sick as a dog. I took a couple acetaminafen around noon and I can't tell it helped. Oh well, I'll just have to tough it out.