Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-10-2010, 03:09 PM   #1
deez
deez began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Question [Old Thread] MOBI to PDF help

Hello, i've done some searches but can't find anything to help me.

I am trying to convert a MOBI book to PDF.

The problem is it removed all images and formatting and it looks horrible.

Is there a way to convert it into PDF and have it look EXACTLY the same? Are there any specific ways i should be converting it? Any specific settings i'm missing?

If someone can point me in the right direction i'd appreciate it.

Last edited by deez; 04-10-2010 at 03:13 PM.
deez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:31 PM   #2
deez

Guess this can't be done?

Sad...
Advert
Old 04-14-2010, 07:33 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by deez View Post
Guess this can't be done?

Sad...
Most people usually want to go the other way around.

What you could do is get a viewer for your PC and take a screen shot of each page... at the size you want... then combine all the pics into a .PDF file.

What is the use case for wanting to do this? Perhaps we could have some other suggestions.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:26 PM   #4
deez

Well in my experience PDFs are the most used/available eBook type available to share.

Is this not the case?

If i download an ePub or MOBI file, i'd like to be able to have it available as PDF as well.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:14 PM   #5
jfox95
jfox95 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I know this is an old thread, but I was looking to do the same as the original poster and all the ways I tried looked like crap. But I finally found a way... exact copy. Looks great.

Only downside is the pdf is huge! Took at least 5 minutes to create a 400mb from a 400 something page epub file. It created a 500 something page pdf.

btw... I wanted to do this to print it at a print center (Fedex, Staples, etc, etc).

This was for a mac on OSX Snow Leopard....

Anyway... I started with a mobi so I went mobi to epub in Calibre, then open the epub in Adobe Digital Editions, print from there... then in the OSX print dialog that pops up, print to pdf. Depending on the size of the book, it may take quite a few minutes.
jfox95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
mobi, mobi to pdf, pdf