Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-26-2009, 01:16 PM   #16
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
Black Horses for the King, Anne McCaffrey.
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 01:23 PM   #17
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Bought: Promises in Death by J.D. Robb last night...haven't read yet. It's like number 32 or so in the series.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2009, 01:30 PM   #18
JAdams
SamIam
JAdams doesn't litterJAdams doesn't litterJAdams doesn't litter

Device: iPad, K3, Kindle PW, Kindle Fire HDX
The Stand - Stephen King
But I want to finish some of my 'little' books before I start this one.
JAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 01:46 PM   #19
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
I really enjoyed "Ur"

But the last thing I picked up was "Man In the Dark: A Novel" by Paul Auster.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:11 PM   #20
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
Quote:
Mine is Terminal Freeze by Lincoln Child
Hey! Me too. I have a K1 and my wife's new K2 is due tomorrow and we both like both Preston and Child.

Quote:
Don't buy books.
You don't believe in supporting authors? How many books do you think there would be if the only books sold were sold to librarys?

Last edited by CCDMan; 02-26-2009 at 02:14 PM.
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2009, 02:15 PM   #21
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Agincourt by Bernard Cornwell
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:29 PM   #22
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I don't know - I haven't got to it yet. I bought it after I liked the first one.

The second one was, of course, not as good as the first - very few sequels are, but I did still enjoy it. Perhaps it was a little too obvious.

I'm just on the third, which seems to be on a par with the second.

In short, in the subsequent novels, I think the romance is coming more to the fore that the fantasy, in that the fantasy doesn't feel as solid as in the first. I think perhaps it's that too many of the characters know about "The Tradition", when in the first it seemed rarer knowledge.

So - a fun, light read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
How was that? I was pretty disappointed with the second one.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:55 PM   #23
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
You probably mean the "latest ebook purchased," and not the "last ebook purchased," as I'm still buying ebooks!

My LATEST purchase was "The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao," by Junot Diaz, this year's current Pulitzer Prize for Best Novel.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:04 PM   #24
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
You probably mean the "latest ebook purchased," and not the "last ebook purchased," as I'm still buying ebooks!

Don
I think last is just as correct. Last doesn't mean you can't purchase another one.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:18 PM   #25
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I think last is just as correct. Last doesn't mean you can't purchase another one.

BOb
I sit corrected on that one, although I like to think "least."

Here's something for my edification (and anyone else who might want to check):

# last(a): immediately past; "last Thursday"; "the last chapter we read"
# stopping point: the temporal end; the concluding time; "the stopping point of each round was signaled by a bell"; "the market was up at the finish"; "they were playing better at the close of the season"
# coming after all others in time or space or degree or being the only one remaining; "the last time I saw Paris"; "the last day of the month"; "had the last word"; "waited until the last minute"; "he raised his voice in a last supreme call"; "the last game of the season"; "down to his last nickel"
# the last or lowest in an ordering or series; "he was the last to leave"; "he finished an inglorious last"
# concluding: occurring at or forming an end or termination; "his concluding words came as a surprise"; "the final chapter"; "the last days of the dinosaurs"; "terminal leave"
# a person's dying act; the final thing a person can do; "he breathed his last"
# most unlikely or unsuitable; "the last person we would have suspected"; "the last man they would have chosen for the job"
# death: the time at which life ends; continuing until dead; "she stayed until his death"; "a struggle to the last"
# a unit of weight equal to 4,000 pounds
# final: conclusive in a process or progression; "the final answer"; "a last resort"; "the net result"
# a unit of capacity for grain equal to 80 bushels
# highest in extent or degree; "to the last measure of human endurance"; "whether they were accomplices in the last degree or a lesser one was...to be determined individually"
# persist for a specified period of time; "The bad weather lasted for three days"
# most_recently; "I saw him last in London"
# end: the concluding parts of an event or occurrence; "the end was exciting"; "I had to miss the last of the movie"
# final: not to be altered or undone; "the judge's decision is final"; "the arbiter will have the last say"
# survive: continue to live through hardship or adversity; "We went without water and food for 3 days"; "These superstitions survive in the backwaters of America"; "The race car driver lived through several very serious accidents"; "how long can a person last without food and water?"
# the item at the end; "last, I'll discuss family values"
# holding device shaped like a human foot that is used to fashion or repair shoes
# lowest in rank or importance; "last prize"; "in last place"

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:07 PM   #26
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Cycler by Lauren McLaughlin
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:08 PM   #27
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
Mighty Hammer Down by david guyton

its 99 cents right now.
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:49 PM   #28
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
"Gods Behaving Badly" by Marie Phillips. I just started it today and am LOVING it. It is a very witty take on the Olympian gods living among us today. VERY well written.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:02 PM   #29
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnightowl View Post
Bought: Promises in Death by J.D. Robb last night...haven't read yet. It's like number 32 or so in the series.
It's actually higher numbered then 32 is you include the short stories of which there are 4.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:03 PM   #30
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAdams View Post
The Stand - Stephen King
But I want to finish some of my 'little' books before I start this one.
Compared to The Stand they are all little books.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote