Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #1276
Koda
Connoisseur
Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: 13" E-ink reader
Thanks again I will spend some time in the new menus before asking again.
Koda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #1277
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
You may delete instalation files.

The new thing about 4-way button is that you may now choose between 3 modes. Default one is not the one you are used to. To change the settings go to Menu/Tools/Key Mapping and choose one of 3 options.

EDIT:
Feher was faster... ;-)
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2013, 06:00 AM   #1278
tsult81
tsult81 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Booxtor, I have been using your updates to the Onyx Boox M92 ever since you began posting them and i would simply like to offer my sincere gratitude for all of your sterling work and the support you have given us over the years. This latest update (1.82) has my M92 more responsive than ever, so many many thanks indeed! Much appreciated.
tsult81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:30 AM   #1279
Lode
Zealot
Lode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the rough

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White, Max Carta
I would like some help with a few things, and for that will open a new thread I'll call "Onyx Boox M92 Tutorial".

Since many of us -including undersigned- have made suggestions for additions, changes, and possible improvements, I think it might be a good idea to also start a new thread called "Onyx M92: Suggestions for possible improvements".

Not that I want to give Booxtor and the Chinese developers any more work than they already have. Far from it... but just to not mix things in one single thread.

Last edited by Lode; 02-08-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Lode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:01 AM   #1280
konrad white
Enthusiast
konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS 950, Onyx M92, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura One
Good idea.
konrad white is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #1281
Zab
Zab began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
do I need to update

Hi everybody

I received my M92 some days ago, exactly on january 29, and I was wondering if I need to install the update whose link is given at the first page of this thread, below "UPD 2013.01.02". What about the patch which fixes some bugs in the pdf reader? It is older than the update so I would say no but I'm not sure.

The version of my firmware 1.8.20121224

Thank you very much

Zab

Last edited by Zab; 02-11-2013 at 04:16 AM. Reason: I forgot to give the version of my firmware
Zab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:13 AM   #1282
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
I think that it's not necessary, but you could check if you have the last patch for the PDF reader. Look the description of the update in the first post.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:13 AM   #1283
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

I have latest firmware and two patches for pdf reader and firmware version says:
1.8.1 20121113.

Is it "ordinary" M92 or with modified by firmware sold by AtraTech? If your M92 has cloud capabilities and IVONA TTS (text to speach) it is ArtaTech and in that case it is not possible to install the firmware from the 1st post of this thread.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:25 AM   #1284
Bil
Bil began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White
Hi guys,
possess the 'Onyx Boox M92 white, with Firmware 1.7.5 20121025 and would like to do two things:
- Update to the latest firmware available today
- Install a good translator English - Italian
- Update PDF Reader
- Update new Template

What should I install first? The links copied from the post are those exactly?

1. Latest Firmware ([*] 1.8 (1.8.20121113)
2. Last updated PDF Reader
3. Last translator English - Italian
4. New Template
Bil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:25 AM   #1285
Bil
Bil began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White
I opened the official 1.6 that was in my m92 and I wonder if the actual upgrade steps are correct:

Software Update
You can update the software by follow steps:

• Save the updates package in a SD card.
• Make sure the updates package is located at the root directory of the SD
card. The name should be ‘onyx_update.upd’.
• Insert the SD card into device.
• Restart device, press and hold the OK button. NOTE, the OK button should
be pressed before the device restarts. Hold it until you see the message
‘Software update request detected, checking updates…’
Device updates itself automatically. It restarts after update finishes.

Right?
Bil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:28 AM   #1286
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Bil,
The update is the zip file : don't make a unzip or don't change the name.

There is 2 patchs for the PDF Reaader.

I don't know what's a "template" with the M92.

Last edited by Randy11; 02-12-2013 at 05:30 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:41 AM   #1287
Mono
Mono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
@Bil,
There is 2 patchs for the PDF Reaader.
One from December and one from January. You have to apply both. And the updating procedure for patches is different from firmware one. Follow the instructions.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:05 AM   #1288
Randy11
Wizard

Right. Be careful, the patch must be installed in the INTERNAL memory.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #1289
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Hi Everyone

Is there a way to add new fonts for pdf reader? The device has 18 fonts by default.
I read somewhere that we can add fonts via OTFM but i forgot where i got this info.

Thanks in advance
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:24 AM   #1290
Randy11
Wizard

Hello,

The solution is in the first post.