Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-11-2011, 04:53 PM   #1
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: HTC EVO View 4G, HTC Wildfire S, Asus T91MT
Chainfire 3d

I found this program designed to increase graphics performance for 1ghz devices. It installs and appears to work. So far, my experience is that it makes Angry Birds Rio totally playable, and Angry Birds without the background is awesome. The only problem is that it adds a blue tone to all the birds, which is a little strange if you are accustomed to their bright red color.

Check it out here:
http://www.mobileboxs.info/android-a...re3d-pro-v1-2/

Didn't seem to improve performance much on Fruit Ninja. :-(
kennyminot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:42 PM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Sorry about Fruit Ninja, Kenny!

However, I might reinstall my Angry Birds Rio with this new info. Thanks!!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2011, 01:06 AM   #3
oldredfox
oldredfox began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Just ordered a Pocket eDGe a few days ago. I've been lurking around this forum since then trying to read up and get ready for when it arrives. I noticed you linked v1.2 of Chainfire 3d. And that up to v1.9 is available. Did the later version not work well for you?
oldredfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:56 AM   #4
Dumas
Connoisseur
Dumas will become famous soon enoughDumas will become famous soon enoughDumas will become famous soon enoughDumas will become famous soon enoughDumas will become famous soon enoughDumas will become famous soon enough

Device: Nokia N810, enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe
Welcome to MR and the Edge forum.
Dumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:46 AM   #5
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

LOL - I didn't even think to check. I'll see if I can find the newer version.
Advert
Old 06-12-2011, 05:09 PM   #6
oldredfox
oldredfox began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
If you change the 2 to a 9 in your link, it works just fine. =) I'm curious if the newer version fixes the blue tone you noticed.
oldredfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:56 AM   #7
javese
Zealot
javese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge(Black)
hi kennyminot,
How does it work with Plants vs Zombie?
javese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:40 PM   #8
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
I just tried out the newer version on my PE and it does make Rio run silky smooth(mostly), and I didn't notice any blue-ing of the birds(unless its really slight, its probably not there). Unfortunately it didn't make Plants vs. Zombies work, that is most likely due to the serious lack of any decent graphical hardware on the eDGe, so it will probably never work, sadly.
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:17 AM   #9
kennyminot
Groupie

I'm no longer getting blue birds. Seems to have just been a weird glitch when I first installed it.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:19 PM   #10
Leesterz
Leesterz began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge Dualbook
How do you install this? I am not a software expert and I've been having difficulties installing and tweaking my PE. I downloaded the .rar file and I'm up to that point. v1.9

Unrelated: I looked into the sticky'd tweaks thread and was wondering about how I change those settings for build.prop. What is build.prop?

If anyone could give me a guide on installing/modifying stuff that would be very helpful as I wasn't able to find one!

Thanks everyone
Leesterz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:25 PM   #11
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

download a program such as 7-zip(link), then install that, right click on the .rar file and click 7-zip and extract to... and select somewhere on your pc, then you should have a .apk file, this you can just copy over to your edge with a USB stick or over the provided USB cable and then install through ES file explore. You will need to be rooted first though, for that download the z4root app from the amazon appstore(or I can send it to you if you can't access amazon), and then use that to permanently root your device.

the build.prop is a file located in /system/ and is used to define various things about the device and its firmware build. There are a few guides around, you can find mine here: link step seven is what you want.

Hope this helps!
Old 07-15-2011, 05:34 PM   #12
Leesterz
Leesterz began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge Dualbook
Thanks so much Emusan, I'm surprised at how quickly people respond on this forum! I hope one day, when I learn a lot about this device, that I can help out some noobies. =)
Leesterz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:47 PM   #13
emusan
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesterz View Post
Thanks so much Emusan, I'm surprised at how quickly people respond on this forum! I hope one day, when I learn a lot about this device, that I can help out some noobies. =)
lol it really depends on the time, if I'm online and I've got some time I try to respond as fast as possible...
Old 07-16-2011, 12:31 AM   #14
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesterz View Post
You will, Leesterz, you will! Glad to have you here.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 03:04 AM   #15
attemptress
Enthusiast
attemptress began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
I tried this for a while, but didn't really notice any improvement. . . so I deleted it. Maybe I'll try it again some time, if the "unofficial testing" you guys are doing continues to go well.
attemptress is offline   Reply With Quote