Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-09-2011, 12:58 AM   #1
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Nook on screen hints?

For mother's day, I got my mom a classic nook wifi. My experience is with Sonys (I have a 505, and my girlfriend a 300), but the price was right.

Anyway, today, I get a call from my mom, asking about the on screen hints. She says they seem to randomly pop up, with tips on how to do things, however they cover up the bottom portion of the screen and she cannot get rid of them. What she says is most annoying is that it overlays a portion of the text she's reading, so if she turns the page, she missed part of what was written. Now, seeing as how I do not live there I cannot play with the device itself to see how to get rid of it, and I've so far not had much luck finding anything about this online.

Can anyone point me in a direction on this?
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:03 AM   #2
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok, after a few more hours of digging I found out that they're called "nook tips", and the only way to really get rid of them is to do what ever the tip suggests. This kinda sucks, if you're not interested in the tip.
Advert
Old 08-10-2011, 01:44 PM   #3
JKenP
Connoisseur
JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Kobo iPhone Kindle 8 HD
I don't see them. Is WiFi always on? That could be the problem. Try setting it to airplane mode.
JKenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:10 PM   #4
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Never seen any of these. Intrigued!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:54 AM   #5
Hellmark
Wizard

Airplane mode is always on, to conserve battery life. She went months without getting one, but got one on the week ago, and couldn't get rid of it.
Advert