Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-03-2010, 07:33 PM   #1
HorridRedDog
Addict
HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-600 EB-1150
Sony Reader book cover - get it

I've had my 600 for a little over a month now and found it uncomfortable to read one handed while reclining.

The cover seemed a nice touch, but not realy that important. So when I received one as a late Christmas present I was happy but expected nothing great from it.

Much to my supprise I now find the reader very comfortable to hold in one hand. Even if others may have mentioned it, I havn't seen this anywhere else, and would like to strongly recommend it.
HorridRedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:45 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I found that mine after a little while broke in nice enough so that I could easily fold it back and hold it with one hand.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:46 PM   #3
CarolB
Connoisseur
CarolB began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 600
Thank you for mentioning. I'm getting my M-Edge cover for my Sony 600 next week, I can't wait!!! I hope it goes over as well as yours has!
CarolB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:13 PM   #4
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
I have the Sony cover for my 300, and it works great. I mainly like the added protection from bangs and drops....
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:19 PM   #5
King Windom
King Windom began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
I also have the Sony cover. I like the way the small magnets hold it shut but do not exert much force allowing it to open much like a hardcover book. Dan
King Windom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:13 PM   #6
Harry001
Addict
Harry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enough

Device: palmone lifedrive+sonyreader 505+NookColor+HPTouchpad \32GB+NookSimple
i changes my light edge cover for the 505 with the light cover for the 600.
i love it to read in the dark, but the edge cover without the light edge is more comfortable, than the one with the goos neck for the 600.

keep reading
harry
Harry001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:29 PM   #7
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolB View Post
Thank you for mentioning. I'm getting my M-Edge cover for my Sony 600 next week, I can't wait!!! I hope it goes over as well as yours has!
I have the Sony cover and I ended up getting an M-Edge cover over Christmas...something about it is so appealing I find myself stroking it and patting it like it is a new pet. Never felt that way about the Sony cover I hope you got the light too because it is definitely superior to the Sony one.

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:56 PM   #8
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Best cover EVER !

I like that Hard Cover for the PRS 900. It totally protects the eReader from any damage. It is a cushioned case which can be opened by zipper for reading and has elastic restraints so it doesn't fall out. The standard soft cover must be removed to use the Hard Cover.

The only problem is that one cannot reach the power button. The simple work around is to turn off Power Management and leave the unit on all the time when away from the house where I read with a PC.

When home I just shut down the unit and it uses NO power. While away from the house, it uses minimal power except if turning pages.

I would never go back to a standard cover once getting used to this Hard Cover with cushions.

Last edited by sirmaru; 01-04-2010 at 04:58 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote