Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-19-2010, 12:11 AM   #1
whoever
Enthusiast
whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Windows XP
Combine two libraries?

Just found a Calibre library on my other drive created a while back. How can I import all the information, including books and all the meta data into my current library? Without re-downloading everything?

Thanks
whoever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:58 AM   #2
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
As far as I know their is no easy way. And you can't just import books from the old directory directly as some of the metadata might not have been saved into the books.

If you are using the latest version of calibre I would recommend selecting the old library
and using save to to save all your books in one directory.
Then reselect your new library and import them from the directory you just created
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2010, 03:43 AM   #3
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool 0.7.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoever View Post
Just found a Calibre library on my other drive created a while back. How can I import all the information, including books and all the meta data into my current library? Without re-downloading everything?

Thanks
i think that feature is going to be available in the next (0.7.15) revision, possibly available this weekend (read this in a reply by kovid in another thread).
--
Alan
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:15 PM   #4
whoever
Enthusiast
whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Thanks for the update. Actually I found that when I save books from new library into the old library directory then switch over, they shows up. But when I save from the old to the new, it doesn't. Of course, given a choice, I would rather gathering stuff into the new directory as it might have more features in it's meta data base.

But now it seems close enough that I should just wait.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:00 PM   #5
whoever
Enthusiast

7.15 works wonders. Thanks
Advert